By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 21, 2013
The list below represents that Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of October 13-19, 2013, as determined by the clicks, likes, and other activities among the 4,425 fans of that page.
- Going Mobile with ADF – Implementing Data Caching and Syncing for Working Offline | Steven Davelaar
Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar takes you on a deep dive into how to use ADF Mobile to create an on-device application that supports working in offline mode.
- OOW 2013 Summary for Fusion Middleware Architects & Administrators | Simon Haslam
Oracle ACE Director Simon Haslam shares a very thorough and detailed summary of the most interesting news coming out of Oracle OpenWorld 2013 for Fusion Middleware architects and administrators.
- Coherence Special Interest Group (SIG) – Sydney, October 24th
If you're in the neighborhood... The Coherence Special Interest Group (SIG) in Sydney, Australia will be held on Thursday October 24th at the Park Hyatt Sydney, in The Rocks, between 9am and 5pm. The event will include presentations from customers, partners, and Coherence engineering team members and product managers. Click the link for more info.
- Free eBook: Oracle Multitenant for Dummies
Oracle Multitenant for Dummies is a new e-book that provides a clear overview of the Oracle Database 12c multitenant architecture. It's free (registration required).
- Oracle BI Apps 188.8.131.52.1 – GoldenGate Integration - Part 1: Introduction | Michael Rainey
Michael Rainey launches a series of posts that guide you through "the architecture and setup for using GoldenGate with OBIA 184.108.40.206.1."
- Enriching XMLType data using relational data – XQuery and fn:collection in action | Lucas Jellema
Another detailed technical post from the always prolific Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema.
- Webgate Reverse Proxy Farm | Vinay Kalra
Vinay Kalra's blog post discusses architecture and recommendations for centralizing Webgate deployments onto a server farm.
- Free Poster: Adaptive Case Management in Practice
Thanks to Masons of SOA member Danilo Schmiedel for providing a hi-res copy of the Adaptive Case Management poster, now available for download from the OTN ArchBeat Blog.
- Should your team use a framework? | Sten Vesterli
"Some developers have an aversion to frameworks, feeling that it will be faster to just write everything themselves," observes Oracle ACE Director Sten Vesterli. He explains why that's a very bad idea in this short post.
- Integrating Custom BPM Worklist into WebCenter Portal | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shares a sample application configured to run a custom BPM Worklist, and shares steps describing how to configure and access it from the WebCenter Portal.
Thought for the Day
"Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not."
— Ursula K. Le Guin
(Born October 21, 1929)