By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 07, 2013
4,320 people now follow the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page. The list below represents the to 10 most popular community items shared on the page for the week of September 29 - October 5, 2013.
- Industrial SOA: SOA and User Interfaces
In the eighth chapter of the "Industrial SOA" series an intrepid cabal of SOA experts addresses the challenges of developing user interfaces in a service oriented architecture, and describes how Thomas Erl's UI Mediator pattern can help.
- Case management supporting re-landscaping | Léon Smiers
Several factors are driving some organizations to make changes to their application portfolio landscapes. This blog post from Oracle ACE Leon Smiers looks at how case management can ease the transition.
- OOW13: Internet of Things... and Big Data | Eric Bezille
You may have noticed lots of chatter about the Internet of Things, but do you know what that phrase actually means. Architect Eric Bezille's post offers a concise overview.
- Java 8 – The Road to Lambda expressions | Lucas Jellema
"Java 8 offers wonderful opportunities and new interesting intellectual challenges for Java developers," says Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema. His latest post includes some simple examples of Lambda expressions.
- Tips and Tricks for the OBIEE linux sysadmin | Robin Moffatt
Robin Moffatt shares several technical tips that he finds useful when working with OBIEE on a Linux system.
- OOW13: First glimpses of the new SOA Suite 12c | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema combines information from various Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions, and Demo Grounds presentations for this overview of new features in the latest release of Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- Cloud Control 12cR3, Oracle Linux and VMware | Tim Hall
"If you are struggling to decide how best to run Cloud Control in your organization, I would recommend using a virtual environment...and run it on Oracle Linux 6," says Oracle ACE Director Tim Hall, He explains why in this post on his ORACLE-BASE blog.
- JavaOne 2013: (Key) Notes of a conference – State of the Java platform and all the roadmaps | Lucas Jellema
The always prolific Lucas Jellema, CTO at AMIS Services and an Oracle ACE Director, continues his post OOW13/JavaOne13 coverage with a detailed overview of the keynote presentations at JavaOne 2013.
- Video: Design - ADF Architectural Patterns - Colossal | Chris Muir
Continuing his examination of ADF Architectural Patterns, Chris Muir looks at the "Colossal" pattern.
- 5 Coolest Features of the new WebCenter Portal (220.127.116.11) | Mitchell Palski
Mitchell Palski shares a detailed list of the new features in Oracle WebCenter Portal 18.104.22.168. What's your favorite new feature? What features are missing?
Thought for the Day
"If you want peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies."
— Desmond Tutu, South African social rights activist
(Born 7 October 1931)