By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 09, 2013
4,111 people now follow the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the steady stream of community generated content presented there. The list below represents the top 10 most popular items shared there for the week of September 1-7, 2013.
- ADF Task Flow Template Improvements in 12c | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis discusses some of his favorite new task flow features in Oracle ADF 12c, and shares a sample application.
- Free Video Tutorial: Oracle BPM 11g: Adaptive Case Management Quick Start Series
This free two-part video series by Marion Pillar offers an overview of adaptive case management and delves into the anatomy of a case management project.
- ADF Architecture Made Simple: Small, Medium, Large | Sten Vesterli
"There are lots of ways of building ADF applications, so there is a very large number of possible architectures," says Oracle ACE Director Sten Vesterli . He describres three in this post.
- Trade-Offs In The Cloud | Floyd Teter
In examining the upside/downside of the public cloud Oracle ACE Director Floyd Teter concludes that, "In the end, it's up to each of us to evaluate the technology and make the best determination for each of our unique situations."
- Integrating ODI with OBIEE: How to invoke ODI scenarios & Load Plans from OBIEE | Benjamin Perez-Go
Benjamin Perez-Goytia's article shows you how to execute an ODI scenario from OBIEE using ODI Web Services. Benjamin says the same steps can be followed to execute ODI load plans.
- Oracle WebCenter Tools for Loading Content and Workflow Automation | Jason Lamon
Jason Lamon shares recaps of "Integrating Enterprise Content with WebCenter" and "Leveraging Workflows for Process Automation," two presentations he gave earlier this week as part of Fishbowl Solutions summer webinar series.
- Oracle Service Bus 184.108.40.206 installation: Overview and Key Points | Atul Kumar
This post from Oracle ACE Atul Kumar covers high level installation steps for OSB 11g (220.127.116.11).
- Tech Article: Understanding Service Compensation
Chapter 7 in the Industrial SOA article series will help you gain a deeper understanding of the implications of transactions and compensation within a service-oriented architecture.
- How Important Is Metadata To An Information Management Strategy? | Ian Thomas
Architect Ian Thomas delves into aspects of information management strategy, starting with metadata, and working his way to Oracle Metadata Services (MDS), Oracle Enterprise Repository, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), and more.
- YouTube Video: Design - Advanced Task Flow Concepts, Good Design Practices | Frank Nimphius
In this new episode of TV ADF Architecture TV Frank Nimphius discusses sizing strategies for task flows.
Thought for the Day
"There's no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can't do any business from there."
— Colonel Sanders, fried chicken magnate
(September 9, 1890 – December 16, 1980)