By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 12, 2013
3,768 people now follow the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page. Each day that page features links to blog posts, articles, and other resources created mostly by members of the OTN software architect community. Here are the Top 10 most popular items for the week of August 4-10, 2013.
- Tutorial: OEPE Coherence Grid Archives (GAR) Support
Check out this free, illustrated tutorial that demonstrates the various Coherence Grid Archives (GAR) features available in Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse.
- SOA Governance Training - August 26th–30th 2013 - EMEA (Lisbon)
Spend some of your summer sharpening your SOA skills.
- Embracing Situational IT | Rick Beers
Rick Beers, Senior Director of Product Management for Oracle Fusion Middleware, pulls no punches in his assessment of the IT profession. "We continually believe that we know everything and that we are right all the time, " says Beers. "Not only collectively but also individually. Consensus often seems to be a case of having an opinion and then convincing everyone else that it is right." Is he right?
- Free Interactive eCourse: WebLogic Server 12c New Features
Fix your gaze on this interactive, self-paced eCourse for a detailed overview of the latest features and enhancements in WebLogic Server 12.1.2.
- New Fusion Applications Tutorials (and they're free)
Working with Oracle Fusion Applications? Oracle Learning Library recently added several new tutorials in various formats -- and they're all FREE! So put your money away and start learning.
- What happened with the Web Service Test Client in WebLogic 12.1.2? | Dr. Frank Munz
Author and WebLogic expert Dr. Frank Munz solves a mystery.
- Oracle's Internet of Things platform | Shivanshu Upadhyay
Unless you've been hiding under a rock you've likely heard about the Internet of Things. This post by Shivanshu Upadhyay includes links to a couple of upcoming Oracle Webcasts on the Internet of Things, and also includes lists of relevant sessions coming up at Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne in San Francisco.
- A Case for Oracle Fusion Middleware | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema created a composite of several real-world companies to produce this in-depth look at the interaction of people, processes, and technologies in the transition to a 21st century service-oriented architecture.
- Changed or New Features in WebLogic 12.1.2 | Atul Kumar
Oracle ACE Atul Kumar's concise post offers a quick look at what's new in Oracle WebLogic 12c R2 (12.1.2).
- Running web application on AWS | Tom Laszewski
Tom Laszewski puts the spotlight on a list of resources for Oracle-fosused developers and engineers running web apps in the cloud.
Thought for the Day
"Nobody knows anything."
— Novelist, playwright, and screenwriter William Goldman
(Born August 12, 1931)