By OTN ArchBeat on Jun 10, 2013
2,602 people now follow OTN Archbeat on Facebook. The top 10 most popular items shared on that page last week are listed below.
- ADF Academy launched - interactive, entertaining and educational | Lucas Jellema
"I was very pleasantly surprised," says Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema of the new ADF Academy, which he describes as "a multi-media experience that uses every trick in the book – or every option for interaction, illustration, explanation and demonstration I could think of."
- Java EE 7 and JAX-RS 2.0 | Adam Bien
Java Champion Adam Bien's article describes features in Java EE 7 with JAX-RS 2.0 that further simplify development and lead to the creation of even more-sophisticated, but lean, Java SE/EE RESTful applications.
- Oracle WebCenter Sites 11g: Customizing Global Properties, Toolbars, and Menu Bar
This free Oracle Learning Library tutorial, part of a four-part series, focuses on customizing global properties, toolbars, and menu bars of the Oracle WebCenter Sites Contributor interface.
- Webcast Series: Developing Applications in Oracle's Public Cloud
OTN's Cassandra Clark shares information on an upcoming series of live webcasts on "Developing Applications in Oracle's Public Cloud."
- Community Praise for ADF Academy
Why are so many community members heaping praise on the new ADF Academy? Check out this list of posts.
- Webcast Series: Developing Applications with Oracle’s Public Cloud
This four-part technical training series features Rick Greenwald (Director, Database Cloud Initiatives, Oracle) and Anand Kothari (Principal Product Manager, Oracle Java Cloud Service), who will walk you through what you need to know to develop Oracle database and Java applications on the Oracle Public Cloud.
- OTN Architect Day: Cloud Computing
Brain Enhancement: OTN Architect Day: Cloud Computing. July 9, 2013, Redwood City, CA. Registration is free, but seating is limited.
- What will 'cloud computing' mean in 10 years?
"In a decade, cloud computing will encompass pervasive services, public and private data, " says David Linthicum, "but will be rarely discussed."
- MDS XML versus MUDE Part 2: What is MUDE? | Stewart Bryson
Stewart Bryson's post introduces MUDE "to set the stage for, at the very least, how good a competing multi-user development methodology would need to be."
- Request, Activate & Administer an Oracle Cloud service | Jan van Zoggel
RUBIX Oracle Fusion Middleware consultant Jan van Zoggel suggests you put your eyes on two Rick Green videos from the Oracle Learning Library.
Thought for the Day
"Any simple problem can be made insoluble if enough meetings are held to discuss it."