By OTN ArchBeat on Aug 10, 2012
- Podcast: Thomas Erl on SOA, Cloud, and Service Technology - Part 3
If the role of the IT architect is one of the most misunderstood and maligned roles in IT, why is there growing interest in training and certification to fill that role? The conversation with SOA guru Thomas Erl and Oracle SOA experts Tim Hall and Demed L'Her continues in part 3 of this 4-part series.
- Create Oracle Coherence Pivot Table aggregations like MS Excel
John "The GridMan" Knight's extensive post illustrates "how to perform queries in Oracle Coherence that replicate the sort of data you get from an Excel pivot table."
- Automating creation of JDBC Data Sources and DbAdapter plan updates and redeployment | Mark Nelson
Mark Nelson, part of the Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team describes "the bridge we need to cross" on the way to "a fully automated continuous integration environment for SOA and BPM."
- GlassFish Server 188.8.131.52 Now Available for Download
GlassFish Server 184.108.40.206 is a microrelease that addresses feedback from the GlassFish community to improve the developer experience by resolving NetBeans bug 211962, JAX-WS issue JAX_WS-1059, and GlassFish Server issue GLASSFISH-18446.
- Webcast: Drill Down on Disaster Recovery - Aug 16 - 10am PT/1pm ET
In this webcast, Oracle's Joseph Meeks and Margaret Hamburger discuss key steps you should take to significantly reduce the risk of downtime while protecting your business data with Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture. Thursday, August 16, 2012. 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET
Thought for the Day
"The architect must be a prophet…a prophet in the true sense of the term…if he can't see at least ten years ahead don't call him an architect."
— Frank Lloyd Wright
(June 8, 1867 – April 9, 1959)