By OTN ArchBeat on Jul 31, 2012
- White Paper: The Oracle Identity Management Platform: Identity Services at Internet Scale
"In the context of a narrow scope, a point [IdM] solution may seem simpler, quicker, and cheaper," says Mike Neuenschwander. "But over time, the reactive approach proves economically and architecturally unsustainable."
- Book Review: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial
What does Christian Berg think of the newly published book, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial, by Christian Screen, Haroun Khan, and Adrian Ward? "Thank the heavens that someone took the time to write all of this up an give me a whooping 600+ bound pages to slap people with rather than just saying 'RTFM.'" Sounds like a thumbs-up.
- Which Solaris ISO should I download?
This post from the Oracle Solaris team offers guidance on the right Solaris ISO to download for various environments, which is a much better way to choose than closing your eyes and pointing.
- Custom RPM's on a Oracle Database Appliance | Fuad Arshad
"Oracle Database Appliance comes bundled with a lot of things," says Fuad Arshad, "but there are still times when you will need to install custom RPM's to enahnce some of the capabilities of the ODA." Learn how in his brand new post.
- GlassFish JDBC Security with Salted Passwords on MySQL | Markus Eisele
You speak, he listens! Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele expands on an earlier post in response to some reader comments.
- Identity Management Presentations Scheduled for OpenWorld 2012 | Darin Pendergraft
Looking for something? Oracle Identity Management blogger Darin Pendergraft offers some help with a short list of some of the Identity Management sessions that are on the schedule for OpenWorld 2012 in San Francisco.
- Defending against Web Application Vulnerabilities | Nuno Antunes and Marco Vieira
"Web applications need a defense-in-depth approach to avoid and mitigate security vulnerabilities," say authors Nuno Antunes and Marco Vieira in this InfoQ reprint of an IEEE article. "This approach assumes that every security precaution can fail, so security depends on having several layers of mechanisms that cover the failures of each other."
- LOV Implementation with ADF BC Service-Enabled Entity Objects | Andrejus Baranovskis
Prolific blogger and Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis responds to a question about how to integrate multiple projects in an ADF architecture when each project has a different DB type.
- WebLogic and Virtual Machine Sizing | René van Wijk
"To get the right sizing for the virtual machine we need a controlled and repeatable load to be driven against the application in order to collect meaningful performance results," says Oracle ACE René van Wijk. "Useful metrics to watch are response-times and throughput."
- Automation of Weblogic 11g Maven Plugin installation | Dmitry Nefedkin
After repeating the process of manually installing the Oracle Weblogic Plugin for Apache Maven once too often, Dmitry Nefedkin had enough and automated the process. Get the how-to info in this blog post.
Thought for the Day
"Remember that there is no code faster than no code."