New Release: GlassFish v3. Read All About It!
By pauldavies on Dec 10, 2009
The user documentation provides comprehensive instructions for installing, setting up, and maintaining GlassFish server v3.
In this documentation, you'll find detailed information about how to use new features of this release, such as:
- Support for the Java™ Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) version 6
- Java EE profiles
- Embedded GlassFish server
- REST interfaces for administration
- Modified asadmin utility syntax
- Reconfiguration of deployed web applications and modules
- Inclusion of the Apache Felix Remote Shell for the Administration of OSGi bundles
- Support for scripting languages, such as JRuby, Grails, Jython, PHP, Scala, and Lift
The documentation also explains how to use the following added-value features, which are available separately:
- Monitoring Scripting Client (GlassFish subscription required)
- DTrace Monitoring (Sun Online Account required)
Yet another big "Thank You" to the members of the GlassFish community for their contributions to the documentation!