The Big Picture: Oracle Fusion Applications at Oracle OpenWorld 2011
By Brian Dayton-Oracle on Sep 09, 2011
With less than a month to go before Oracle OpenWorld 2011 travel plans are being finalized, presentations are in review and demos are being polished. And, of course, there’s conjecture about what Oracle will say about Oracle Fusion Applications in and around Moscone Center October 2-6.
“…About 70 Fusion Applications-related sessions were listed on the OpenWorld schedule as of Wednesday. They are largely focused on specific information about how to implement Fusion Applications, how to make them work with existing software, and real-world stories from early customers, versus the more general previews and planning guidance Oracle has delivered in the past.”
I can’t provide any specifics about what will be covered. But if you are attending the show and keen to learn more about Oracle Fusion Applications I hope that this and additional posts will help you maximize your experience.
Oracle OpenWorld Tip: Additional insights and tips for the Oracle Fusion Applications program at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 are being shared every day on the Oracle Applications Facebook page. Find it and “like” it today. www.facebook.com/OracleApps
Here’s the big picture…
A total of 53 regular conference sessions led by the Oracle Fusion Applications Strategy and Development organization represent the core of the Oracle Fusion Applications program this year.
Oracle OpenWorld Tip: The Oracle Applications Stream is organized by primarily by business solution area (CRM, HCM...). Use the "Optional Tracks" to find activities by product line (Oracle Fusion Applications, E-Business Suite, JD Edwards...).
The core 53 mentioned above are complemented by a host of other sessions from internal business partners (like the Fusion Middleware and Enterprise Manager teams), Oracle Fusion Applications Co-Development Partners and Oracle User Group Leaders. I’ll break down the 53 core sessions in a post soon.
Oracle OpenWorld Tip: 53 sessions is a lot to get through, even in 4 days. Keynotes, dedicated DEMOgrounds periods and minimizing conflicts with other key sessions was a challenge. Impact: There will be sessions that you’ll want to check out in all slots throughout the day—from the morning to the last session of the day. This includes Thursday morning and into the early afternoon.
This year you’ll find a total of 24 Oracle Fusion Applications demos in the DEMOgrounds. In addition to the 24 with fixed locations you’ll also have the opportunity to see live demos of Oracle Fusion Applications mobile apps which will be roaming the floor. There are two major changes versus last year:
- Oracle Applications, including Fusion Applications, demos are located in Moscone West this year. A large number of Oracle Applications sessions are in Moscone West so this is a big improvement.
- Last year Oracle Fusion Applications demos were interspersed across the demo area to make sure that Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Siebel, et al. customers were sure to see what was happening around Fusion Applications too. This year Fusion Applications will have its own dedicated area on the floor so they will be easier to find and it will be easier to walk around and see various demos from different product families in the Fusion Applications suite.
Oracle OpenWorld Tip: We do expect the Oracle Fusion Applications demos to be busy, especially during dedicated DEMOgrounds times. You might consider finding an open time when you have a break during the course of the day to visit.
More details on the DEMOGrounds and Fusion Applications to come.
Keynote topics are often a closely held secret at Oracle OpenWorld. This year is no exception. However, look for Oracle Fusion Applications to be featured prominently.
UPDATE 9-28-11: Make sure to attend the Wednesday AM keynote which will focus on Oracle Applications.
The Oracle Applications Meet the Experts program has been in place for a number of years. This special program offers just under 20 unique sessions designed to give you face-to-face access to Oracle strategy and development leaders. Come with your prepared questions or tack onto an already existing discussion with other Oracle Applications customers. It’s a semi-structured (we schedule topics and have experts on hand for that topic) but open forum where you can ask specific business and technology questions. There are two major updates to this year’s program:
- Oracle Fusion Applications will have dedicated “Experts” slots. In previous years Fusion Applications Experts have been present during other sessions to field Fusion Apps questions
- Meet the Experts sessions are now a part of the official, regular session program. This means you can and should pre-register for them. Seats are extremely limited to keep the discussions open and conversational.
The Meet the Experts program is located in the Oracle Applications Lounge, Moscone West Level 2.
The Oracle Applications General Session (Session ID 18623, Tuesday 10:15 am - 11:15 am) is not to be missed this year. Last year’s session was standing room only and many had to be turned away at the door. The Oracle Applications senior leadership team will take the stage again this year to provide their perspective on the state of their product lines and solutions, insights into future strategies and answer the tough questions—because “the buck stops with them.”
Don’t Forget: Get Daily Insights into Oracle Fusion Applications @ Oracle OpenWorld on Facebook
Also, insights into Oracle Fusion Applications program at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 are being shared every day on the Oracle Applications Facebook page. Find it and “like” it today. www.facebook.com/OracleApps
Deeper drill-down into the above topics and a few surprises to come. Check back here throughout the month for additional updates.
Update: Oracle Fusion Focus On Document and Program-by-Program Blog Entries
- Oracle Fusion Applications Focus On Document - 10 pages covering keynotes, general sessions, sessions and more for the week
- Oracle Fusion Applications on the DEMOGrounds @ Oracle OpenWorld 2011
- Navigating Fusion Applications Product Family Sessions
- Overall Fusion Applications Recommendation – Buckle Up for Tuesday, October 4th
- Oracle Fusion Applications Strategy & Technology Sessions @ Oracle OpenWorld 2011
- Meet the Oracle Fusion Applications (and Other) Experts