The 1 Blog You Need to Read About Oracle Fusion Applications @ Oracle OpenWorld 2010
By Brian Dayton-Oracle on Sep 17, 2010
The content builder and schedule builder tools has been live for months. Some in the press have hunted and pecked around it enough to figure out that, yes, Oracle Fusion Applications will be a big part of the Oracle OpenWorld 2010 program.
Larry Ellison, Oracle's CEO confirmed this in yesterday's stellar Oracle Q1 Earnings call.
Want the Inside Line? This is the place. Here's what you can expect:
- Sunday: Can't tell you much, but Fusion Applications are on the docket
- Monday: Co-Existence Day - Monday kicks off a weeklong program of sessions dedicated to defining and explaining how Oracle Fusion Applications will work with and add strategic value to your existing Oracle or 3rd party applications.
- Tuesday: Overview Day - The day kicks off with Steve Miranda's Oracle Fusion Application General Session. Sorry, it's over-subscribed as of today. But see "Thursday" for your chance to catch up. Then, a series of family-level overview sessions are kicked off including HCM, Financials, CRM and others
- Wednesday: Answers Day - By now we know you'll have questions and we plan to have answers. Attend a series of "Answers to the Top 10 Questions About [Insert Here]" sessions.
- Thursday: Catch-up and Tech Dive Day - If you missed an overview session or need the technical details on Oracle Fusion Applications this is your day. Attend a key series of sessions in Moscone West 2002/2004 starting at 9am including the Fusion Applications General Session REPEAT (S318288 - register now), Oracle Fusion Applications - Technical Architecture Overview ( S318135) and Oracle Fusion Applications DNA - Functional Architecture Overview (S318138) complimented by repeats of key Fusion Family Overviews
FAQ: What if I have Questions?
Answer: Throughout the week the Oracle Applications Lounge will be hosting the Oracle Applications Meet the Experts Forum. Running EBS Financials, PeopleSoft HCM, Siebel, or other Oracle Applications? Check out the schedule and show up in the Oracle Applications Lounge, L2 Moscone West. You'll get the chance to find out where Fusion fits in to your existing applications strategy.
FAQ: What about demos? I want to see Fusion Applications in action.
Answer: 22, count 'em, 22 Fusion Application demos interspersed across the Moscone South Oracle Applications demogrounds. Co-existence with existing applications is a key theme in Oracle Fusion Applications so you'll find Fusion Applications in the Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, CRM, JD Edwards, Project Portfolio Management and Supply Chain Management demogrounds. And that 22 doesn't count those roaming demos you'll find on mobile devices like iPhones and iPads.
FAQ: How do I get the most up to date information about Oracle Fusion Applications during Oracle OpenWorld?
Answer: Oracle Applications on Facebook will be providing real-time, inside line updates on Fusion Applications at Oracle OpenWorld. Friend www.facebook.com/OracleApps today.
FAQ: Great post, lots of information, but how do I put it all together in one place?
Answer: Check out the Oracle Fusion Applications Focus On document. Your single-stop shop for Fusion Application info for next week.
See you on Facebook or in San Francisco!