A Busy Monday Morning – Prep for Inside Oracle Fusion Applications: Next-Generation HCM Webcast
By Brian Dayton on May 19, 2011
The first day back from vacation is always busy. This past Monday, after a week off for yours truly, our team had a call with Gurucharana S. of Wipro Technologies in preparation for the first installment of our Inside Oracle Fusion Applications: Partner Insights on Oracle’s Next-Generation Applications webcast series. It was a great way to get back into the swing of things on the work front.
Gurucharana is the Global HCM Competency Head of Wipro Technologies an Oracle Fusion Applications Co-Development Partner. The speaker, timing and topic of the live broadcast, May 24th at 8am Pacific, is perfect:
- There is a lot of news (and some noise) in the HCM space right now—so getting a number of different perspectives is important
- This webcast follows Oracle’s announcement last month, supported by 2 additional webcasts, about Oracle Fusion HCM and SaaS from both a business and IT perspective, with the IT session focused on clarifying some key topics around Cloud and SaaS.
- In total, the three webcasts—including Wipro, a 3rd party with insider access—provide a comprehensive view of this increasingly hot topic
Unique and Interesting
The role of a co-development partner is both unique and interesting.
- Unique in that only a select number of organizations are distinguished as Oracle Fusion Applications Co-Development Partners. With that distinction come significant resource and inside access commitments on the part of both Oracle and the partner.
- Interesting in that Wipro brings an outsider’s point-of-view to the Fusion Applications go-to-market process—working side-by-side with Oracle teams in Oracle development labs on various aspects of development, for example, functional validation and technical testing.
Beyond their perspective and opinions, this experience and insight helped Wipro develop offerings that can help you today. Find out more about how their methodologies, assessment and migration tools and more are being used in client engagements during the webcast.
Milestones and Fresh Perspectives
During the call we talked about various milestones in the Wipro Co-Development story and their perspective on Oracle Fusion Applications and industry trends including:
- A commitment of more than 60,000+ person-hours to the project
- The development of migration tools, in this case for Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise, to accelerate the adoption of and co-existence of Fusion Applications
- A slightly different take on some of the key strategies behind and functions within Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (which is refreshing when you’ve seen, heard or presented the same content countless times yourself)
- Setting right-sized strategies for Cloud Computing (as recent news indicates, it’s increasingly not an all-or-nothing proposition)
As you consider your personalized strategies and roadmaps for Oracle Fusion Applications—where does Fusion HCM fit in, what’s the impact on existing projects, what are the migration strategies—it’s important to get different perspectives. Please take a look at this series and if Human Capital Management software and the business of HR is key to your success consider joining Wipro and Oracle at 8am on Tuesday, May 24th.