This section focuses on decisions and determinations uniquely related to Fusion Cloud Applications environments.
Fusion Cloud Applications Environments
Fusion Analytics environments are mapped to and extract data from Fusion Cloud Applications environments, e.g., Development, Test, Production.
The applications administrator gathers basic information and determines what environments exist and which are mapped to Fusion Analytics environments.
> Determine the Fusion Cloud Applications environment names designated for the Fusion Analytics environments.
The Identity Management section above determined the type of identity management system used by the Fusion Cloud Applications cloud account.
> Determine the identity management instance name for each Fusion Cloud Applications environment.
Fusion Cloud Applications services are deployed in an OCI region.
> Determine the OCI region used for Fusion Cloud Applications.
Fusion Analytics Authentication Methods
The security administrator determines the Fusion Analytics authentication method.
> Determine the authentication method Fusion Analytics uses when extracting data.
JSON Web Token Method - Recommended
- A highly secure method using public/private keys accessible only from Fusion Analytics services.
- Administrator access is prohibited because there is no user account and password.
- Password maintenance is not required for:
- Production to Test (P2T) refreshes
- Password expirations
A service account in Fusion Cloud Applications containing:
- A password
- Appropriate job and application roles for extracting data from multiple applications
The functional administrators determine the amount and start date of historical data.
> Determine the starting date and volume of historical data.
Custom Job Roles
The security administrator determines what applications use custom job roles.
> Determine if custom job roles exist in the subscribed Fusion Analytics applications. Custom job roles require additional configuration in Fusion Analytics.
Fusion Cloud Applications Network Access Methods
The applications administrator determines the network access methods.
Fusion Cloud Applications services may be accessed using public and private methods. These affect Fusion Analytics configurations. Both methods:
Public Network Access Method
- May be used simultaneously.
- May restrict access using various components.
Private Network Access Method
- Network internet traffic allowed.
- Network internet traffic prohibited.
- Customer connectivity components are required, such as:
- Supported networking equipment on the customer premises, also called Customer Premises Equipment (CPE).
- Customer Connectivity components, which may include
- Site-to-Site Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Remote Peering Gateways
- OCI networking components may be in use, including:
- Virtual Cloud Networks (VCN)
- Dynamic Routing Gateways
- Service Gateways
> Determine the network access method and if OCI components are used.
This section focuses on the Production environment. Each Fusion Cloud Application requires evaluation to ensure the data extracted and loaded into Fusion Analytics is accurate.
The security administrator, functional administrators, and functional setup administrators gather basic information and determine what preparations are required for Fusion Analytics.
Functional Area Data Access Set Assignments
The security administrator gathers information about the designated Fusion Analytics service administrator.
The functional setup administrator gathers information about functional administrator data access assignments.
For the designated Fusion Analytics provisioner:
> Determine if the designated Fusion Analytics provisioner has a Fusion Cloud Applications user account.
For the functional administrators of prebuilt phases:
> Determine their data access set assignments.
Determine the following for use in Fusion ERP Analytics.
- Accounting Calendar, Chart of Accounts (COA), Primary Ledger, and Currency
- Default Currency Rate Type
- COA Segments and Tree Structures
- Any segments not enabled for Business Intelligence (BI)
- Any natural account without financial categories
- Any segments without a BI object name
|What OCI region are the production Fusion Cloud Applications deployed in?
|What is the production environment name?
|What is the identity management instance name used in the production environment?
|What is the development or test environment name mapped to the Fusion Analytics development/test environment?
|What is the development or test environment's identity management instance name?
|Optionally, What is the test environment name mapped to the first Fusion Analytics ATE?
|Optionally, What is the test environment's identity management instance name?
|Do the designated Fusion Analytics provisioners have Fusion Cloud Applications user accounts?
|What Fusion Analytics authentication method is chosen?
|What network access method is used for Fusion Cloud Applications?
|If Private, are OCI networking components used?
|What is the earliest transaction date for all applications?
|What applications use custom job roles?
HCM - Under Development CX - Under Development SCM - Under Development
|What is the Accounting Calendar name?
|What is the COA name?
|What is the Primary Ledger name?
|What is the Ledger Currency?
|What is the Default Currency Rate Type?
|What natural accounts do not have Financial Categories?
|What are the COA Segment names?
|What segments do not have a BI object label?
|What segments are not BI enabled?