By alexismp on déc. 19, 2007
Three months after the release of GlassFish v2, here comes GlassFish v2 Update Release 1 (UR1).
• get GlassFish v2ur1 bits HERE (the official build is "b09b-fcs")
• the equivalent Sun Java System Application Server version is 9.1_01 (download HERE)
• it is also integrated in Java EE 5 SDK Update 4 (download HERE)
• the plan was this: http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=PlanForGlassFishV2UR.
• Support options are HERE
Among the things you'll quickly notice:
• need to use the -Xmx256m option at install time (it wasn't needed for v2 on some platforms)
• Patch information (recently released patches for instance) and bug updates are clearly presented to the administrator (see also my previous post on the value of support as well as Anissa's short but effective screencast)
• More exposure for the GlassFish Update Center
Also new with this release:
• Some critical bug fixes, such as this one. Here's more information (over 200 total).
• support for mod_jk sticky sessions in web container.
• AIX operating system support. To be precise: AIX 5.3 64 bit OS and AIX 5.2 64 bit OS, on a 32 bit JVM. Only "developer" and "cluster" profile supported (that's full in-memory HA, just no HADB/NSS). No Load-balancer support.
• SuSE Linux 64–bit support