Random (but useful) News - 2010/11/11
By alexismp on nov. 11, 2010
• GlassFish Podcast on Play! to celebrate their 1.1 release and their GlassFish container.
• First patch release for GlassFish 3.0.1. This is for paying Oracle GlassFish Server customers. Others will get the fixes as part of 3.1.
• Details on CDI/Weld in the upcoming GlassFish 3.1 release. Hoping memory and performance issues are all behind us.
• Oracle JVM strategy clarification. Best quote: "We estimate that the contribution of code from JRockit into OpenJDK will be one of the largest - if not the largest - single contributions to the project since its inception."
• Get The Facts: MySQL Licensing and Pricing. Community Edition still free+GPL+InnoDB.
• JDK 7 Support in NetBeans IDE 7.0. Ok, when do I find the time to try this all out?