GlassFish un-conference on May 4th 2008 (Pre-JavaOne)
By alexismp on avr. 11, 2008
We're lucky to have access to a room in the Moscone Center on the Sunday before CommunityOne/JavaOne (May 4th) and would like to take this opportunity to run an un-conference with the GlassFish community.
I'd love to get your feedback on our current thinking:
- Parallel sessions with content based on the people who show up and their interest
- Sessions are discussions much more than they are formal presentations but we do need a leader for each
- My job would be to track/secure at minimum set of people able to run such sessions.
- Event starting around (no earlier than) 3pm
- Total event time would about 3 hours starting with a 30-minute agenda planning session.
- Potential topics based on early discussion and people who've said to be likely in town on the Sunday:
- scaling & clustering techniques (different approaches, real-life usage)
- making money with GlassFish, how can Sun help (partner program, co-marketing, ...)
- teaching Java EE 5 with GlassFish
- packaging technologies (which one to use when)
- real-life GlassFish experiences
- dynamic languages for GlassFish v2, v3
- GlassFish v3 architecture
- community and GAP (how to grow the community, status on GAP)
- JSF, Ajax, Web 2.0 marketplace
- [your choice here]
- The number of // tracks would depend on the number of people showing up (no point in having 2-people session).
- One-hour session should probably be the default
Some technical details/constraints :
- Room set up with a bunch of round tables
- Power and network connectivity provided
- No beamer/projector
If there's enough interest, we could also try to have a "GlassFish porting fest" with people working/hacking on GlassFish and their application throughout the event in a dedicated part of the room
PS: I hear talks about a party at the end of that day (Sunday), but this may just be rumors ;)