X Changes in Nevada Build 40
By alanc on May 16, 2006
For build 40, I got the opensolaris.org source drop posted already, so if you want to follow along in the sources, I'll point out which files you can look in to see these changes, for those in the portions included in our open source releases so far.
- 6414453 ogl-select fails to start
- A simple shell script quoting error - while not in the source drops, since this is a shell script, you can see the changes in /lib/svc/method/ogl-select in the installed files.
- 6388471 [Xorg bug 5897] xdm: race condition on $HOME/.xsession-errors being readable
- The fix from the X.Org bug report has been applied to our Xsession script in /usr/openwin/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession.
- 6421217 xscreensaver cannot be launched on trusted jds
- The Trusted Extensions changes made in the previous build forgot to initialize a variable in one code path - you'll be able to see the fixed code in the next build, when the Solaris xscreensaver sources are released for the first time.
- 6366490 Motif pull-down menus don't draw correctly with Xnest
- Unfortunately, our Xnest is still based on the Xsun source, so this source is also not available [maybe trying to point to source wasn't a good idea - oh well, I'll plow on since I don't want to start over now]. The fix here was to correctly pass through the expose events from the underlying X server to the X client running on top of Xnest.
- 6386535 SUNWxorg-mesa package can fail to install symlink for /usr/include/GL
- Aha! One I can point to the source for in our source drop! This was caused by the preremove script for SUNWxorg-mesa not being included in the package - the missing script can be seen in the source drop at XORG_NV/packages/SUNWxorg-mesa/preremove
- 6390453 SUNWxorg-mesa has broken links in snv nightly build for 2/24/2006
- This was a simple typo (glxext.h instead of glext.h) in a symlink in the XORG_NV/packages/SUNWxorg-mesa/prototype.
- 6416841 [CVE-2006-1526] X.Org bug #6642: buffer overflow in Render extension in Xorg
- Again - simply applying the fix from X.Org, which you can see in XORG_NV/sun-src/xc/programs/Xserver/render/mitri.c in the source drop.
- 6245381 Mozilla is feeding Xorg fonts – Xorg getting fat
- This actually affects both Xsun and Xorg since it was in the TrueType library code they both share.
- 6419340 Upgrade Xorg ATI driver from 6.5.7 -> 6.5.8
- Since the 6.5.8 module was intended as an upgrade for the 6.5.7 which was included in X11R6.9 & 7.0, and retained compatibility with the 6.9/7.0 ABI (unlike the Xorg ATI 6.6.0 driver series, which requires the upcoming Xorg 7.1 server), we were able to pretty easily drop this in to our source tree, with a little bit of glue in XORG_NV/sun-src/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/localmacros. The rules inserted there (which get automatically appended to the Imakefile by imake before it generates the Makefile) remove all the Xorg 6.9 ati driver source files and link in the ones from the 6.5.8 tarball, allowing us to use (for a short time) the 6.5.8 driver with the 6.9 build system. Besides all the bug fixes listed in the ChangeLog, this also fixes the previously reported Sun bug 6402721, of restarting Xorg hard hanging the system on Acer Ferrari 4000 laptops with Radeon X700 when it tried to requery VBE without having properly restored all the register states.
- 6372113 Xorg receiving or generating spurious left-right wheel events
- I blogged about this earlier - this was pulling in the X.Org fix from X.Org CVS into XORG_NV/sun-src/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/input/mouse/mouse.c.
- 6421514 Add PCI IDs for new nvidia cards for Xorg nv driver
- PCI id to name mappings were added to our Xorg nv driver for some of the new Quadro cards nvidia announced last month so that they are not reported as "Unknown nvidia device" in the Xorg log files. You can see the change in the git source tree now being used for the Xorg nv driver or in our source drop in XORG_NV/sun-src/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/nv/nv_driver.c.