Recent Solaris code contributions to X.Org
By Alanc-Oracle on Aug 15, 2005
We're still working through the process to get our Solaris Xorg build trees up on opensolaris.org, but that hasn't stopped us from integrating more of our changes directly into the X.Org community CVS for inclusion in Xorg 6.9, so that you can access them now directly from the X.Org CVS on freedesktop.org.
- Solaris support for the new "kbd" driver which is replacing the older "keyboard" driver in Xorg.
- A port of the Xsun audiobell feature to the Solaris keyboard code in Xorg (known for now as Option "BellDevice" "/dev/audio")
- utmpx handling code from Solaris integrated into sessreg (used to log xdm sessions into the utmpx & wtmpx files)
- Solaris Imake config files set to use -z combreloc & -B direct linker options to match flags used when we build on Solaris
- Fixes to make Mesa 6.3.1 build properly on Solaris with Sun Studio compilers
- xman default man path set correctly for Solaris
- xload builds on Solaris switched from libkvm to libkstat so it works with both 32-bit and 64-bit kernels, and without group kmem
- numerous Solaris build fixes for Xorg 7.0 autoconf conversions
- support for using walkcontext() on Solaris in new code to log stack traces into Xorg.0.log on crashes
(Nothing really big or earth-shattering, just a bunch of small steps towards our goal of reducing the diffs between our Solaris X sources and the X.Org community sources. Some of these features aren't even in the main Nevada branch of our Xorg Solaris builds yet, but will get merged in as we move towards the upcoming Xorg 6.9 release.)
To see what else is going into X.org CVS for the next release, you can check out http://cvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xc/ChangeLog?view=markup .