Here goes...my first post to the blog outside the Sun firewall. I've been blogging a little bit inside the Sun firewall but haven't really gotten into it that much - it's hard to think of many things that I think many other people would find interesting (at least that I can talk about publically), but it seems from talking to others there may be a few more than I think. We'll see how this goes. After 5 years of posting to Usenet from a non-Sun address to avoid any issues with people claiming I'm misrepresenting Sun it's nice to see the pendulum swinging the other way, with management realizing that a dialogue with customers and the community can be a good thing and actually encouraging it, despite the risks of engineers saying things that marketing and legal may wish we hadn't. The timing is actually nicely coincidental with my attendance at the X Developer's Conference so at least I'll have some interesting thoughts to get started with before returning to the daily grind next week...
- The goto fail heard ‘round the world
- Book Review: “Oracle Solaris 11: First Look”
- Finding nuggets in ARC discussions
- Some times it’s a book sprint, other times it’s a marathon
- Solaris 11.1 changes building of code past the point of __NORETURN
- Solaris 11.1: Changes to included FOSS packages
- Documentation Changes in Solaris 11.1
- Solaris: What comes next?
- Flame on: Graphing hot paths through X server code
- S11 X11: ye olde window system in today's new operating system