Tuesday Aug 21, 2012
Wednesday Mar 21, 2012
By Lionel Dubreuil-Oracle on Mar 21, 2012
Oracle Enterprise Repository serves as the core element to the Oracle SOA Governance solution.
An industry-leading metadata repository, Oracle Enterprise Repository provides a solid foundation for delivering governance throughout the service-oriented architecture (SOA) lifecycle by acting as the single source of truth for information surrounding SOA assets and their dependencies.
For Fusion Applications, the use of OER has been extended to include other integration asset types such as interface tables and other technical information such as data models, tables, views, lookups, profile options, et cetera. E-Business Suite users familiar with iRepository or eTRM will recognize the functionality in Fusion Applications OER.
Oracle Enterprise Repository for Fusion Applications provides a common catalog of technical information, searchable using many different mechanisms. Customers can locate technical information by the name, description or keyword of the information they are looking for. They can also search by the type of asset they are trying to locate and/or where the asset sits in the product taxonomy. They can also see the how the asset dances in the choreography of some illustrative co-existence scenarios. These scenarios are laid out as both functional flow diagrams as well as technical interaction diagrams.
Rajesh Raheja, software architect at Oracle, has recently posted an article on this topic: visibility and control are the key tenets to SOA governance, and the first step in integrating with Oracle Fusion Applications is to find out what are the integration options available. Oracle Enterprise Repository, an industry-leading metadata repository, provides this visibility.
You can find his full blog post here.
News, views and implementation best practices from the Oracle Application Integration Architecture team.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware: Meet This Year's Most Impressive Customer Projects 2013 Oracle Excellence Award Ceremony for Fusion Middleware Innovation
- SOA Governance Training - August 26th–30th 2013 - EMEA (Lisbon)
- Last Call for Nominations: Oracle Excellence Awards for Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation 2013 submissions - Only 2 weeks to go
- Call for Nominations: Oracle Excellence Awards for Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation 2013
- Oracle Application Integration Architecture Release 11.4 is now available
- Oracle Foundation Pack 11gR1 (22.214.171.124.0) - Released
- Community Management: The Next Wave of SOA Governance and API Management
- OOW 2013 speakers: maximize your selection chances
- New Oracle Foundation Pack pages on OTN
- New SOA Suite 11g Database Performance Tuning White Paper