By shupadhy on Nov 14, 2008
Attended a conference few weeks back and noted down some new developments as noticed by the SaaS community.
- Current economic env will dictate demand for SaaS apps eg procurement apps are doing well as they reduce cost of operations.
- Point solution space is getting crowded and commoditized. Suites will emerge by categories eg Expense Mgmt, HR etc.
- Multi Tenancy is not a significant advantage in terms of reducing expenses.
- SaaS companies need more cash upfront than traditional companies. Some companies are able to sign longer contracts with their customers and get cash (discounted) upfront.
- The lead generation process is online (website, search) and in most cases the customer is able to complete the buying process online.
Future trends - SaaS will be accepted at enterprises, Vertical SaaS applications are emerging, BPO will drive adoption of SaaS, SaaS companies will provide benchmarking data based on aggregated data of customers, integration and prescriptive analytics will drive future investments, consumer web effect (ease of use, mobile) and cloud computing will force enterprises to adopt SaaS.
We are delivering a webinar with Callidus on Nov 18 -
Jeff Saling, Callidus SVP in charge of On Demand business has some real good insights to share based on his experience in taking Callidus On Demand from scratch and making it a sizeable business.