2008: The year in review
By shupadhy on Dec 31, 2008
On the last day of 2008, I would like to reflect on developments this year.
- Our partners continue to use Oracle Database & WebLogic Server to build & deploy SaaS applications. Was able to capture some more use cases in case studies - http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/saas/partners.html
There are several ISVs who we have not reached out to
Please feel free to contact me in case you want to highlight your application in a case study or our webinar series.
- As integration becomes important for customers, Oracle SOA suite became more relevant for integrating SaaS applications with other SaaS & on-premise applications (Enterconnect - http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/saas/case-studies/enterconnect.pdf, Rackable Systems - http://www.oracle.com/go/?&Src=6637793&Act=4)
- As mature SaaS players look to differentiate themselves from the competition, Oracle BI usage is increasing. Xactly stands out in that respect http://www.xactlycorp.com/news_events/pr_042808b.php
- Oracle BRM (Billing & Revenue Management) was added to our SaaS Platform. We now offer a complete, scalable, integrated platform, which will accelerate your time to market. At the same time we allow flexibility for you to choose individual components and do not lock you in.
Please use below links to learn about our platform
Or enroll for our Jan SaaS Webinar
- We continue to work with hosting providers in all parts of the world so that they are well trained in supporting SaaS applications deployed on Oracle. ISVs are interested in using Oracle and if the hosting provider supports Oracle it offers them an added advantage. Oracle allows hosting providers to meet SLAs at low TCO with support for Grid, Integrated Management, Virtualization and Identity Management.
- As SaaS adoption increases, more system integrators became interested in beefing up their Outsourced Product Development capabilities to support SaaS. Services which are being offered for Oracle Platform are -
· Rapid development of metadata-driven, customizable, service-oriented applications with rich Web2.0 style UI using JDeveloper and ADF.
· Deployment support on scalable, grid platform comprising of Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware & Oracle VM.
· SLA modeling and enforcement with a top-down application management approach using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Ensure security for hosted on-demand applications and address privacy, compliance and regulatory concerns using Oracle Identity Management and Oracle Advanced Security.
- Develop operational reports and in-context actionable insight using Oracle Business Intelligence.
- Build comprehensive integration across data, user interface (UI), business process levels using Oracle Fusion Middleware.
We would introduce one SI in our Apr SaaS Webinar.
- Partners showed interest for Cloud deployment options provided by Oracle. Oracle allows developing SaaS application and deploying to internal (http://www.oracle.com/technologies/virtualization/index.html) or external (http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/cloud/index.html) clouds.
I would like to wish you a happy and prosperous 2009 and look forward to working with you next year.