Announcing WebLogic Server on Oracle Database Appliance 2.6
By Frances Zhao on Aug 13, 2013
Would you like to learn a solution that saves time and money by simplifying deployment, maintenance, and support of high availability Oracle Database and WebLogic Server?
We are announcing exciting news of the availability of “Oracle WebLogic Server on Oracle Database Appliance 2.6”!
Oracle WebLogic Server on Oracle Database Appliance 2.6 offers a complete solution for building and deploying enterprise Java EE applications in a fully integrated system of software, servers, storage, and networking that delivers highly available database and WebLogic services. Built with world’s most popular database, Oracle Database and the industry’s best application server, Oracle WebLogic Server, and with its One-Button deployment capability, it delivers the combined high availability and simplicity. It reduces IT cost with the unique capacity-on-demand software licensing model.
For fully redundant system, storage, Oracle Database Appliance Manager Information, please check out the Oracle Database Appliance data sheet.
Oracle WebLogic Server on Oracle Database Appliance 2.6 provides:
- Highly available WebLogic Server with two, four or eight node cluster options that provide the foundation for customers to build and deploy enterprise Java EE applications with support for new features in WebLogic 11g (10.3.6) and 12c (12.1.1).
- Simple, reliable, affordable platform for deploying end-to-end solutions leveraging not only Oracle Database Real Application Clusters, but also WebLogic and the software load balancer for customers’ Java EE and Database investments.
The following new features are included in this new release:
- WebLogic on ODA 2.6 is fully certified with Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 hardware
- Oracle Traffic Director becomes optional during provisioning process
- User input the licensed core count, provisioning then it creates pools on the compute nodes and configure Traffic Director and WebLogic Server VMs to use the pools.
- Oracle Traffic Director 220.127.116.11 template for the load balancer tier
Please check out the white paper, howto, FAQ, etc for more information.