Announcing WebLogic on Oracle Database Appliance 2.9
By Frances Zhao on Apr 08, 2014
Oracle WebLogic Server on Oracle Database Appliance 2.9 offers a complete solution for building and deploying enterprise Java EE applications in a fully integrated system of software, servers, storage, and networking that delivers highly available database and WebLogic services. The world's most popular database, Oracle Database and the industry's best application server, WebLogic Server have been combined in this industry-unique appliance to provide high availability and the simplicity of One-Button deployment. And to top it all off, it reduces IT cost with a unique capacity-on-demand software licensing model.
Here you can download the new version of WebLogic on ODA 2.9 which
offers WebLogic templates for 11g (10.3.6), 12c (12.1.1 and 12.1.2).
The following highlighted new features are included in this release:
- Supports new X4-2 hardware with more capacity, faster processor, better networking with no price increase!
- WebLogic on ODA provisioning tool now offers multi domain and multi cluster options in the wizard-driven templates.
- New licensing options include a 'pool' of WebLogic licenses with min/max range, that can be allocated to WebLogic, Oracle Traffic Director and other Oracle Cloud Application Foudation products.
- Provides a 'silent provisioning' option.
- A new WebLogic on ODA provisioning wizard-driven template with a nicer GUI.
- Shared storage repository option.