By Edith Mireles-Oracle on May 02, 2014
Author Misha Vaughan, Oracle Applications User Experience
We recently co-hosted an OAUX Expo in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands (near Amsterdam) on March 18, 2014 with Oracle partner AMIS. The goal of the event was to excite and inspire attendees about the future of Oracle technology and Oracle Applications Cloud by leading with our work on the Oracle user experiences. We wildly exceeded my own expectations about the event. Students walked away excited about careers with Oracle technology, partners walked away with a sense of how they could grow their businesses, and customers walked away with confidence in Oracle’s UX investment strategy.
The timing was quite lucky, as this was the first event where attendees got to see the newly available Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8 user interface.
A personal thank-you to Lucas Jellema, Amis CTO, who was enthusiastic and inspired enough to spark this project.
To get a recap of what you missed, AMIS CTO Lucas Jellema (@lucasjellema) blogged live about the event, which drew nearly 500 attendees. Just prior to the event, Bob Rhubart (@OTNArchBeat) of OTN Archbeat hosted a video interview that previewed the event nicely, with Lucas and our VP, Applications User Experience, Jeremy Ashley (@jrwashley), on the Oracle user experience vision and strategy.
What did you miss?
- We demoed and discussed the newly available Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8 for Sales Cloud and HCM Cloud.
- We demoed the new approach to tailoring our Applications Cloud user experiences with a spectrum of tools, which is nicely recapped in this article.
- We showcased the always popular eye-tracking tool that we use to collect detailed feedback on our designs.
- We created awareness for our newly launched developer’s section on UsableApps for customers and partners looking to build great-looking, usable apps.
- We discussed our newly available e-book on our Simplified UI design patterns that front our Cloud Applications.
- We talked a lot – along with AMIS and two of our own OAUX Speakers, Lonneke Dikmans (@lonnekedikmans) and Sten Vesterli (@stenvesterli), at sessions throughout the day. You can find links to the presentations here.
- We showed attendees a view of the future of user experiences with demos of wearables by the AppsLab (@noelportugal, @jkuramot), HCM Cloud (@aylinuysal), Sales Cloud, and Oracle Voice (@mvilrokx).
Here is a recap in pictures of the event. Photos by Rob Hernandez, Oracle Applications User Experience.
The Oracle Applications User Experience and AMIS teams pose just before the big day for a snapshot.
Ultan O’Broin talks about wearables and enterprise use cases.
Aylin Uysal discusses the future of Oracle HCM Cloud user experiences.
VP Jeremy Ashley and Amis CEO Paul Uijtewaal discuss Google Glass.
Lonneke Dikmans listens poised to talk about UX Direct and Oracle’s UX best practices.
Killian Evers leads a discussion about the next generation of the Sales Cloud user experience.
Vlad Babu, one of our Apps UX Sales Ambassadors, talks with attendees about UX Direct and UX design patterns for building great looking usable apps for the Cloud.
A few lucky attendees got to see what’s behind the door to the secret chamber.
Noel Portugal shows off Google Glass.
George Hackman demos forward-looking user experience concepts.
Jeremy Ashley, Lucas Jellema, and Sten Vesterli rest their weary legs after hours of presentations.
One of our own UX Sales Ambassadors, Edward DeWolf, demos the new simplified UI for Oracle Sales Cloud.
Jake Kuramoto draws observers into a huddle as he shows some user experience concepts.
If you would like to read more:
• Take a look at where it all started.
• Read the latest on our cloud tailoring strategy.