Find the best OpenWorld sessions for learning about UX highlights
By Mvaughan-Oracle on Sep 22, 2012
By Kathy Miedema, Oracle Applications User Experience
Have you clicked through the Oracle OpenWorld 2012 catalog? It’s amazingly dense, as usual. But one thing we noticed this year is that nearly half of the sessions mention some component of user experience, which is a sea change in our world. It means that more people understand, appreciate, and desire an effective user experience, and it also means that Oracle’s investment in its next-generation applications user experience, such as Oracle Fusion Applications, is increasingly apparent and interesting to its customers.
So how do you choose the user experience sessions that make the most sense for you and your organization? Read our list to find out which sessions we think offer the most value for those interested in finding out more about the Oracle Applications user experience.
If you’re interested in Oracle’s strategy for its user experience:
- CON9438: Oracle Fusion Applications: Transforming Insight into Action
10:15 - 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2; Moscone West – 2007
- CON9467: Oracle’s Roadmap to a Simple, Modern User Experience
3:30 - 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3; Moscone West - 3002/3004
- CON8718: Oracle Fusion Applications: Customizing and Extending with Oracle Composers
11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4; Moscone West – 2008
- GEN9663: General Session: A Panel of Masterminds—Where Are Oracle Applications Headed?
1:45 - 2:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1; Moscone North - Hall D
If you’re interested in PeopleSoft/PeopleTools:
- GEN8928: General Session: PeopleSoft Update and Product Roadmap
3:15 - 4:15 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1; Moscone West - 3002/3004
- CON9183: PeopleSoft PeopleTools Technology Roadmap
4:45 - 5:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1; Moscone West - 3002/3004
- CON8932: New Functional PeopleSoft PeopleTools Capabilities for the Line-of-Business User
5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2; Moscone West – 3007
If you’re interested in E-Business Suite:
- GEN8474: General Session: Oracle E-Business Suite—Strategy, Update, and Roadmap
12:15 - 1:15 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1; Moscone West - 2002/2004
- CON9026: Latest Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 User Interface and Usability Enhancements
1:15 - 2:15 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2; Moscone West – 2016
If you’re interested in Siebel:
- CON9700: Siebel CRM Overview, Strategy, and Roadmap
12:15 - 1:15 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1; Moscone West – 2009
- CON9703: User Interface Innovations with the New Siebel “Open UI”
10:15 - 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2; Moscone West – 2009
If you’re interested in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne:
- HOL10452: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 User Interface Changes
10:15 - 11:15 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3; Marriott Marquis - Nob Hill AB
- CON9160: Showcase of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne User Experience
1:15 - 2:15 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3; InterContinental - Grand Ballroom B
- CON9159: Euphoria with the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne User Experience
11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3; InterContinental - Grand Ballroom B
If you’re interested in Oracle Fusion Applications user experience design patterns:
Functional design patterns that helped create the Oracle Fusion Applications user experience are now available. Learn more about these new, reusable usability solutions and best-practices at the Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle ADF demopods during Oracle OpenWorld 2012. Or visit the OTN Lounge between 4:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 3, to talk to Ultan O'Broin from the Oracle Applications User Experience team.
- Demopod location: Moscone Center, South Exhibition Hall Level 1, S-207
- OTN (Oracle Technology Network) Lounge: Howard Street tent
On the demogrounds:
Head to the demogrounds to see new demos from the Applications User Experience team, including the new look for Fusion Applications and what we’re building for mobile platforms. Take a spin on our eye tracker, a very cool tool that we use to research the usability of a particular design. Visit the Usable Apps OpenWorld page to find out where our demopods will be located.
Photo by Martin Taylor, Oracle Applications User Experience
A tour takes place in one of the usability labs at Oracle’s headquarters in Redwood Shores, Calif.
At our labs, on-site and at HQ:
We are also recruiting participants for our on-site lab, in which we gather feedback on new user experience designs, and taking reservations for a charter bus that will bring you to Oracle headquarters for a lab tour Thursday, Oct. 4, or Friday, Oct. 5. Tours leave at 10 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. from the Moscone Center in San Francisco. You’ll see more of our newest designs at the lab tour, and some of our research tools in action.
For more information on any OpenWorld sessions, check the content catalog, also available at www.oracle.com/openworld. For information on Applications User Experience (Apps UX) sessions and activities, go to the Usable Apps OpenWorld page.