By Ted Henson on Aug 24, 2011
Caution: You must upgrade existing Knowledge Pathways installations. You cannot convert content to a new Knowledge Center installation.
Refer the Upgrade manual for detailed instructions. Click here to access manuals
Use the existing Knowledge Pathways settings to ensure a seamless upgrade:
- When upgrading from Knowledge Pathways to Knowledge Center change the wizard's default entries to the existing values used for your current Knowledge Pathways installation:
- Typical changes are as follows:
- The wizard default setting for the database is KMASTER. Change KMASTER to whatever your existing database setting. For example KPMASTER5. You can select the existing database from the drop-down list box.
- The wizard defaults to KContent, while most existing installations use KPContent.
- Typically Kdata needs to be Changed to KPdata
- The default launch URL is //servername/KCENTER. Most existing installations use //servername/KPATH50.
It is also recommend that you refere to Knowledge Base Article, ID. 1327397.1 before you begin your upgarde.