Friday Sep 09, 2011
Wednesday Aug 24, 2011
By Ted Henson on Aug 24, 2011
Caution: You must upgrade existing Knowledge Pathways installations. You cannot convert content to a new Knowledge Center installation.
Refer the Upgrade manual for detailed instructions. Click here to access manuals
Use the existing Knowledge Pathways settings to ensure a seamless upgrade:
- When upgrading from Knowledge Pathways to Knowledge Center change the wizard's default entries to the existing values used for your current Knowledge Pathways installation:
- Typical changes are as follows:
- The wizard default setting for the database is KMASTER. Change KMASTER to whatever your existing database setting. For example KPMASTER5. You can select the existing database from the drop-down list box.
- The wizard defaults to KContent, while most existing installations use KPContent.
- Typically Kdata needs to be Changed to KPdata
- The default launch URL is //servername/KCENTER. Most existing installations use //servername/KPATH50.
It is also recommend that you refere to Knowledge Base Article, ID. 1327397.1 before you begin your upgarde.
Monday Aug 15, 2011
By Karen Rihs on Aug 15, 2011
What's New in Oracle User Productivity Kit 11.0
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
9:00-10:00 am Pacific
Register today to join Trish Trolley, Senior Director, UPK Product Management, to discover what is great and innovative about the latest release of Oracle UPK and Oracle UPK Professional. Learn about the opportunities to expand your use and how to get the most out of your investment.
Attend our LIVE Webcast and learn what's new in Oracle UPK 11.0:
- Getting Started” Enablement Content: Jumpstart projects and map success from the start with best practices.
- Web-based Knowledge Center: Improve efficiency and measure organizational readiness with a centralized deployment, tracking and reporting platform.
- Conceptual-based Assessments: Increase user adoption and knowledge retention through conceptual-based testing.
- Deployment Enhancements: Streamline publishing with a redesigned publishing wizard, new HTML publishing options, and test case formats for Oracle Application Testing Suite and IBM Rational.
- Much more!
With Oracle UPK Professional, project teams can mitigate risk through all phases of any project lifecycle, dramatically reduce the time to deployment, and ensure user adoption.
Wednesday Jul 20, 2011
By Beth Renstrom on Jul 20, 2011
Oracle Introduces Oracle User Productivity Kit 11.0 and Oracle User Productivity Kit Professional 11.0
Help Ensure IT Project Success Accelerate Enterprise Application Adoption With New Ways to Deploy and Assess Information and Knowledge
To help speed the successful deployment, adoption and return on investment of business applications, Oracle is announcing the availability of Oracle User Productivity Kit 11.0 and Oracle User Productivity Kit Professional 11.0. Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) and Oracle UPK Professional are easy-to-use and comprehensive content development, deployment and maintenance platforms for increasing productivity and adoption for Oracle, third-party and custom applications projects.
The latest version of Oracle UPK Professional includes the following new functionality:
- “Getting Started” Enablement Content – Jumpstart projects and map success from the start with best practices documentation and instructions.
- Web-based Knowledge Center – Improve efficiency, measure organizational readiness and support ongoing proficiency on a centralized, content deployment, tracking and reporting platform.
- Conceptual-based Assessments and Links – Increase user adoption and knowledge retention through conceptual and transaction-based testing, and engage users with expanded access to additional, relevant information.
- Deployment Enhancements – Streamline publishing with a redesigned publishing wizard that includes publishing to the new Knowledge Center, as well as new HTML publishing options and test case publishing formats for Oracle Application Testing Suite and IBM Rational.
- Much More!
What people are saying...
- "With the help of Oracle User Productivity Kit, we've been able to dramatically reduce the time to deployment for our customers as well as provide them significant savings in terms of implementation costs," said Jordan Collard of Synaptis, The Adoption Experts & UPK Specialists. "We are looking forward to using Oracle User Productivity Kit Professional 11.0 in our implementation methodology and to continue to provide time and cost savings to our customers."
- "The deployment and adoption of enterprise applications can be complicated processes that involve complex people, process and change management. Enterprises are always looking for ways to reduce project timelines and increase acceptance of their enterprise applications to maximize ROI," said Trish Trolley, senior director, Oracle User Productivity Kit Product Management. "New features in Oracle User Productivity Kit Professional 11.0 target the challenges traditionally associated with user adoption, helping customers achieve IT project success."
- Full Press Release
- UPK 11.0 Information on Oracle.com, includes technical requirements, datasheets, what's new, etc.
- Watch for information around our UPK 11.0 release web session on August 16th!
The authors of this blog are members of the UPK product development, management, and marketing teams. On this blog, you'll find UPK news, tips/tricks, upcoming events, and general information on UPK - the easy-to-use, comprehensive content development, deployment, and maintenance platform for increasing project, program, and user productivity.
- Join us: What's New in UPK 12.1 webinar
- UPK 12.1 Available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud!
- Oracle Open World Call for Proposals is Now Open!!!
- Did you miss it??? - The Diodes China Story, Recording NOW Available
- Join us at Thursday's (tomorrow's) webcast on Global ERP Rollouts with UPK
- Oracle User Productivty Kit (UPK) 12.1 What's New Preview
- UPK Specialization from the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Statement of Direction for Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) - December 2013
- UPK Webcast - Customer Focus: Knowledge Center Case Study
- UPK Forum, Planning your UPK Development Effort – August 2013