UPK 3.5.1 and Enablement Service Pack 2 are Available!
By Marc Santosusso on Aug 06, 2009
Oracle User Productivity Kit 3.5.1 has been available on E-Delivery for a while and I neglected to mention it. While the number of enhancements introduced in UPK 3.5.1 is rather small, the significance of these enhancements is huge. I really should have mentioned it sooner. In addition, there have been two Enablement Service Packs for UPK 3.5.1, so I have included them here as well.
ORACLE USER PRODUCTIVITY PACK 3.5.1
SQLite Database for Client and Single User configurations (replaces the Firebird database)
Installing Client and Single User configurations will be much simpler now that the manual installation of the Firebird database has been removed and replaced with an embedded installation of SQLite database.
Internet Explorer 8 support for Player
The UPK Player can be deployed to end users using Internet Explorer 8. Recording applications in Internet Explorer 8 using SmartMatch and deploying the SmartHelp browser add-in is added in Enablement Service Pack 1 and included in Enablement Service Pack2, as noted below.
Configurable Cache location for Client and Single User configurations
The location of the UPK Developer cache (profile) can be selected during profile creation and subsequently changed while editing a profile. This is helpful for users who have limited space available in their User folder. This adds profiles to Single User configurations and affords customers using Single User configurations to create more than one Library of content.
Recording Support Additions and Updates
- Java 6 Update 12 support added
- Improved recognition for JDE E1 8.98 and 9.0
- Added support for Siebel 8.1.1; context recognition of eModules; and context-sensitivity via SmartHelp for CRM OnDemand (details)
ENABLEMENT SERVICE PACK 1 for UPK 3.5.1
- Support for specific Hyperion products with context-sensitivity via SmartHelp (details)
- Support for Oracle Transportation Management with context-sensitivity via SmartHelp (details)
- Internet Explorer 8 support for recording SmartMatch content and SmartHelp deployment
ENABLEMENT SERVICE PACK 2 for UPK 3.5.1 (includes all items from Enablement Service Pack 1)
- Support for JDE World 4.1C10
- Support for Siebel versions 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, and 188.8.131.52
- Support for SAP 7.10 patch 014 and 6.20 patch 077
(The UPK 3.5.1 What's New document will soon be updated to include the details of Enablement Service Pack 2.)
A few things to note about Enablement Service Packs: The Enablement Service Packs are incremental updates to UPK 3.5.1 and will not install for previous versions. However, Enablement Service Packs include all the features of previously released Enablement Service Packs for that version of UPK. This means that you only need to download and install the latest--in this case, Enablement Service Pack 2. Information on installing Service Packs is included in the product documentation. (Installation & Administration.pdf, p.17; and Content Development.pdf, p.91)