Adding Document Styles to Print It! Mode
By Maria Cozzolino on Nov 05, 2010
The Player's Print It! Mode allows you to include either the JobAid or the System Process document as part of your deployment. However, you may want to use a different document style for Print It! Mode, or you may want to add one of your custom styles to Print It.
You can do this by modifying the style.xml file. For safety sake, please make a backup of the style.xml file before you change it.
Here's how to do it:
1. Open the publishing style that you want to include in Print It! Mode.
2. Open the style.xml file in your favorite XML editor. Don't panic if you don't have a favorite XML editor - you can also use notepad.
3. Scroll down to the section with the headings for "Settings" - there will be several groupings for settings.
4. Add the following values.
5. Be sure to put it after a "/Setting" tag, and not in between the tags.
6. Save the XML file.
7. Save the publishing style.
8. Publish for the player
9. In the Print It! Mode drop-down, select your newly added style.
Enjoy your Player output with your customized Print It! Mode!
If you add other document styles to Print It! Mode, I'd be interested in hearing which styles you have added. Feel free to share in the comments.
Manager of UPK Software Requirements and UI Design