By Mike Dietrich-Oracle on Jul 22, 2014
Oracle Database 184.108.40.206 is available for download now. It is the most comprehensive patch set we've ever built. Look up the list of inclusions - and it includes the new marquee feature OracleDatabase In-Memory.
Three things important to mention:
- It is a full release - no need to get Oracle Database 220.127.116.11
- Even though it is a patch set it will be available on OTN and eDelivery - and Oracle Database 18.104.22.168 will be removed instantly
- For now it is an Enterprise Edition install only - SE and SE One may follow later.
Please see MOS Note:1905806.1 for further details.
And it contains a bunch of new things and improvements:
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Big Data SQL
- Oracle JSON Document Store
- Oracle REST Data Services
- Improvements to Oracle Multitenant
- Advanced Index Compression
- Zone Maps
- Approximate Count Distinct
- Attribute Clustering
- Full Database Caching
- Rapid Home Provisioning
(22.214.171.124.0) - Enterprise Edition
Linux x86-64 File 1, File 2 (2.5 GB) See All Oracle Solaris (SPARC systems, 64-bit) File 1, File 2 (2.6 GB) See All Oracle Solaris (x86 systems, 64-bit)
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
File 1, File 2 (2.3 GB) See All
File 1, File 2 (2.5 GB) See All
- Documentation for Oracle Database 126.96.36.199
Time to upgrade!!!
PS: Kudos to Morohashi-san for alerting me about the link to the internal MOS - exchanged the link address!
PPS: Updated entry on Sept 30 with links for MS Windows