By Mike Dietrich-Oracle on Aug 18, 2016
At OOW 2016 there are some customer talks from customers we worked with or at least were involved in their project plans. We highly recommend the talks below.
British Telecom has such an ambitious upgrade and migration project for really MANY databases. I'm looking forward to David's talk. We met at UKOUG TECH15 and I promise it will be a very interesting insight presentation.
- Migrating Oracle Real Application Clusters Databases to Oracle Multitenant [CON2718]
- David Hickson, Database Administrator, British Telecom
- Thursday, Sep 22, 1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Park Central - Franciscan I
- Since April 2015, BT has deployed new databases using an Oracle Database 12c pluggable database as the standard. However, it still has a large existing Oracle Real Application Clusters database running Oracle Database 11.2 or earlier. In this session, learn how the company plans to move all its databases onto Oracle Database 12c using multitenant-based container database/pluggable database configurations. The session also explains why the move to an Oracle Database 12c multitenant architecture makes good business sense and then delves into the technical detail of the processes to move databases with minimal application downtime.
You've never heard of the oldest Swiss insurer, Die Mobiliar? Die Mobiliar exists since 1826 - but their IT and especially their database landscape is more than up to date. Mobiliar really sets the speed for others. They upgraded their entire databases landscape of almost 300 databases with a very small but skilled team in less than 16 months - and introduced Oracle In-Memory as well. And Mobiliar will set the pace again for Oracle Database 12.2 and Oracle Multitenant. I'm so looking forward to Alain's talk. We work together since two years now. Mobiliar became an official Oracle Database 12c and Oracle In-Memory reference customer. And you'll find more information about the upgrade project in our 12c slide deck.
- Agile Development, Cost Saving and More with Oracle's Multitenancy Solutions [CON1668]
- Alain Fuhrer, Oracle Database Administrator, Mobiliar Versicherungen AG
- Thursday, Sep 22, 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. | Park Central - Olympic
- The insurance industry must now provide a rapidly evolving portfolio of specific offerings. And IT departments can only keep pace if we adopt agile development methods. But how can this be accomplished without taking additional risks? In this session learn about a new era of agile development that keeps costs under strict control. Instead of relying merely on consolidated schemata and achieving savings in IT equipment, high software license utilization, and automation, a consolidation approach to multitenancy can achieve additional goals. Learn how it works with Oracle Database 12.2.
CU soon at OOW16