Tuxedo is certified on Exalogic and other platforms
By Deepak Goel-Oracle on Apr 20, 2011
It has been a while since we last shared some news. I will start with two news items, which I believe are of general interest:
1. Tuxedo is now supported on Exalogic X2-2 running either Linux or Solaris 11 Express. If you are not familiar with what Exalogic is, please visit http://www.oracle.com/exalogic. "Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is the world's first and only integrated cloud machine--hardware and software engineered together to provide a "cloud in a box"". Our internal benchmark have shown that Tuxedo can effectively leverage 40Gb bandwidth of Exalogic's Infiniband, resulting in higher throughput and lower latencies. This is also one of the focus areas for Tuxedo going forward. We will continue to enhance Tuxedo for better performance on Exalogic. A lot is in the pipeline. Continue to watch for news in this space.
2. Tuxedo 11g (184.108.40.206.0) is now certified and available for use on following platforms:
• Suse Linux 11 64-bit - You can run both 32-bit and 64-bit Tuxedo binaries
• Windows 2008 R2 - 32-bit Tuxedo binaries
• It appears Windows 7 adoption as a client platform is increasing across the corporate world. We have had received a few queries for Tuxedo support on Windows 7. Tuxedo 10gR3 (Tuxedo 10.3) client only installer is now available for Windows 7.
To keep yourself up-to-date on latest platform support, see Tuxedo certified platforms table.
Sr. Director, Tuxedo