HSPD-12/PIV Cards (mostly Oberthur) Corrections
By madhatter on Dec 06, 2008
9 Dec 2009 Update: This fix is only delivered in SRSS 4.2. SRSS releases prior to that will require the work-around below.
Sun Ray & some supporting Sun engineering organizations have developed fixes to help recognize certain HSPD-12/PIV compliant cards for Sun Ray. Recent HSPD-12/PIV Oberthur card releases...
- Oberthur/ID-One Cosmo 64 v52D Fast ATR card
- Oberthur Card Systems, PIV End Point Dual Interface 64K Smart Card
- Oberthur CS v1.08 card
...are not recognized or produce erroneous tokens when inserted into a Sun Ray card reader.
In the future, Sun Ray Engineering will release a patch to
SRSS 4.0 & SRSS 4.1 which includes this fix. However, that release has been delayed
due to higher priority activities. Padu Iyer gave permission to
release this via the ThinkThin blog. Eventually this entry will
be overcome by events (hopefully Padu or I will remember to update/retract this later).
Here's the fix...
- Download this file with the Oberthur card fixes
- Save file as OberthurCS.cfg into /etc/opt/SUNWut/smartcard directory on all Sun Ray servers
- Edit /etc/opt/SUNWut/smartcard/probe_order.conf
- After the 1st line comment (# EDIT WITH CARE...), add this:
- Save the file
- Cold restart Sun Ray services: utrestart -c
This has only been tested on SRSS 4.0 & 4.1.
Thanks to Ramesh Nagappan, Marc Puverel & Padu Iyer for their support on this.