First Sun Ray Software 5, then Sun VDI Software 3.1...
By Chris Kawalek on Nov 10, 2009
Sun Ray Software 5 was released today and I've been asked by lots of folks when they can expect to see the new features appear in Sun VDI Software. I'm proud to tell you that the next version of Sun VDI Software is just around the corner, so watch this space closely over the next few weeks or follow the Sun VDI Software Twitter feed to be the first to know when it's released.
Just some quick notes on what you can expect from Sun VDI Software 3.1:
- Most Sun Ray Software 5 features, including the Sun Desktop Access Client, Adobe Flash enhancements and USB redirection to Windows virtual desktops. (Read Angela's excellent post for more detail on the SRS 5 enhancements).
- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V as a virtualization platform. Now you can mix and match Sun built-in virtualization, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V all in the same deployment.
- Support for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services as a desktop provider (that means you can do VDI and classic server-based computing all from Sun VDI Software!).
- Additional virtual desktop OS support (including Windows 7 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11).
- And lots of other smaller improvements.
We're hope you share our excitement about the incredible things we have going in desktop virtualization at Sun!