Steak Fried Rice
By ThinGuy on Mar 25, 2008
Fried Rice is probably at the top of everyones list when it comes to favorite Chinese food items. The problem with it in most cases is that it's really unhealthy. Here's another healthier spin on a classic. It's also a great way to use up leftovers.
- 4 Oz Cooked Lean Steak, cubed.
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Teaspoon of Fish Sauce (substitute Soy Sauce if needed)
- Cook Egg whites in a non-stick pan, breaking up with a wooden spoon
- Add steak, rice, and fish sauce. Mix together and bring up to temperature
- Add frozen peas and cook for additional minute or so.
- Calories: 525
- Protein: 50g
- Carbs: 44g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.4g
- Fat: 16g