Solaris Cluster Express 07/07 is available!
By tf on Jul 28, 2007
Here are some reasons why I think this should matter to you:
- Solaris Cluster Express is based on the development build for the next Solaris Cluster release. It already contains some new features integrated after Solaris Cluster 3.2. You get early access to new features and can report bugs and RFEs (request for enhancements) before the new product gets out. This is a great way to influence the product to make sure it reflects your needs.
- Solaris Cluster Express runs on Solaris Express Community Edition, this means you can combine all the new features available for the development build of Solaris with the development build of Solaris Cluster and make sure it behaves like you expect.
- Solaris Cluster Express comes with 32bit kernel support for the x86 platform. You can now leverage your laptop to install a single-node cluster, without the need to own 64bit x86 hardware. Please report back if your specific hardware combination works to the HA Cluster Discuss forum!
- ISVs can now test early if their applications run and work as expected on the next generation of Solaris and Solaris Cluster platform and can engage early to make sure their needs get considered.
- Developers can start to work and implement their own great ideas that are getting possible with the new features and ideally contribute them back.