Friday Mar 01, 2013
Thursday Feb 28, 2013
By cwarticki on Feb 28, 2013
Java Runtime Environment 7u15 (a.k.a. JRE 7u15-b03) and later updates on the JRE 7 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i and 12 for Windows-based desktop clients.
Tuesday Feb 26, 2013
By cwarticki on Feb 26, 2013
Last week, Budapest, Hungary played host to a remarkable customer event, to which I was invited to speak on a host of topics including Support Best Practices, Proactive Support, Platinum Services and more. The Hotel Novotel Budapest Centrum was a fabulous location and served the needs of over 80 customers and employees in attendance.
The event agenda included a welcome by Irek Hytros, Oracle Sr. Director of Customer Management. Afterwards, Country Support Leader and Customer Service Manager, Izabella Gruhala delivered an interview (pictured right) with one of Hungary's first Platinum Services Customers, Tamas Benyi from ORFK (Hungarian Police Department). Tamas provided the audience with the deliverables, benefits and successes of being a Platinum Services Customer.
Thank You Tamas!
Additionally, there were sessions from Laszlo Kiraly (right) from Oracle Consulting Services and Istvan Gere (left) from Oracle University. Both provided fantastic information from both lines of business and really communicated the benefits provided by Oracle.
Sessions were conducted by myself on the Value of Oracle Support, a walk-through of My Oracle Support Best Practices, Proactive Support, Platinum Services and the Exadata Support model. Thanks for all the wonderful questions and audience participation. You helped to make this foreigner feel most welcome.
Overall it was a fantastic event attended by many, that without their participation would not have made it such a tremendous success. I had a privilege of speaking to several of our customers one-on-one. I met with Tamas Izsak from Oracle Partner AppWorks and representing the Hungarian Oracle Users Group, and also Laszlo Zoo, Oracle DBA/Developer from Invitel.
Thank you all for your loyalty and business. We appreciate our customers.
Tuesday Jan 15, 2013
Monday Dec 03, 2012
By cwarticki on Dec 03, 2012
E-Business Suite Applications Technology Group (ATG)
Advisor Webcast Program
Invitation : Advisor Webcast December 2012
In December 2012 we have scheduled an Advisor Webcast, where we want to give you a closer look into the invalid objects in an E-Business Suite Environment.
E-Business Suite – Troubleshooting invalid objects
· Activities that generate invalid objects
· EBS Architecture
· EBS Patching Concepts
· Troubleshooting Invalid Objects
EMEA Session :
o Tuesday December 11th, 2012
o at 09:00 AM UK / 10:00 AM CET / 13:30 India / 17:00 Japan / 18:00 Australia
o Details & Registration : Note 1501696.1
o Direct link to register in WebEx
US Session :
o Wednesday December 12th, 2012
o at 18:00 UK / 19:00 CET / 10:00 AM Pacific / 11:00 AM Mountain/ 01:00 PM Eastern
o Details & Registration : Note 1501697.1
o Direct link to register in WebExIf you have any question about the schedules or if you have a suggestion for an Advisor Webcast to be planned in future, please send an E-Mail to Ruediger Ziegler.
Tuesday Nov 27, 2012
By cwarticki on Nov 27, 2012
A couple of weeks ago, I had the distinct privilege of facilitating a training session with CSX.
CSX is a wonderful customer. They've been a dedicated Oracle customer for many years. They have quite an extensive Oracle footprint including Server Technologies, Fusion Middleware and E-Business Suite products. They also utilize Oracle's Solution Support Center offering from Advanced Customer Services, for their Database products.
I'm always on the lookout for Oracle gems and I discovered one at CSX. Before my session began, I met with Charles Pack. In my view, he's an Oracle guru. Don't take my word for it, just read any of the books he's authored or co-authored and the one soon to be released. Just looking at his bookshelf, I saw titles going back to Oracle 7 & 8, as well as a Solaris 2.x book. Remember those? Anyway, Charles is a technologist and a manager (and wears numerous other hats too). I had a wonderful time talking with Charles and getting to know him.
What do you consider keys to your personal success? Inability to quit. When I decide that I will accomplish something, I will, regardless of the nature of the challenge. Never quitting means a perpetual drive for change and progress and setting examples for others to follow. The reason I write OCP books is because I can provide a path for people to improve their knowledge of the product, gain a certification, and reach their professional goals.
What do you consider the most important part of your job? Negotiations. We all have competing goals, incentives and finite resources, but we should all have the same common goal – progress. So finding the way for all parties to progress is the most important thing we do.
What is the most important part of your relationship with Oracle? Oracle provides solutions – not just products - that are critical to our business success. So continuous communication regarding education, services, product roadmaps and shared goals is the most important part of our ongoing relationship.
Charles is an Oracle loyalist. His career has been based on using our products and he's passionate about the products he works with. You can tell, just by talking with him. I appreciate Charles and other customers like him. He's an expert in his field and an Oracle evangelist. He is an asset to CSX and to their success. He's an advocate for Oracle and an asset to our customers. You can also friend and follow Charles on Twitter @charlesapack
It was a pleasure meeting you Charles!
Global Customer Management
Tuesday Nov 13, 2012
By cwarticki on Nov 13, 2012
Monaco served as an intense location for this year's Oracle Health Sciences User Group conference. It was a "Grand Prix" event with nearly 200 attendees from all over the world. In a country famous for high performance race cars, luxury super yachts and lifestyles of the rich & famous, the conference was very Ellison-esque. I think the Superyachts were being paired with Exadata.
The OSHUG staff were fantastic . Robin and Taylor (pictured left) from Drohan Management took care of all the details and were wonderful to get to know.
I met with some real Oracle loyalists. Stan Sachar, I.T. Manager for Westat, and the Focus Group co-chair for Admin Configuration Mgmt (ACM). Westat was an early adopter of Oracle Clinical for clinical trial projects with installations in 1997-98. I had a chance to talk with Stan during the reception and he is an Oracle advocate and evangelist. He's invested in his career in using Oracle products. (Stan Sachar pictured right with Dick Wolnick from Oracle, on left)
I also met with Mirco Becker from Grunenthal Gmbh. He's been working with the Argus product for over 6 years. He's a big user of Oracle Support. Mirco attended my support best practices session and was actively engaged and asked several questions. He's excited to adopt those best practices and work more efficiently and effectively with Support.
Finally, I thank the many who attended my session. I admit, the beautiful weather and view of the ocean was a distraction, but nonetheless my mission was to provide you with all the necessary support resources for Health Sciences users. You will find a copy of my presentation on the OSHUG website.
Bon Voyage Monaco. Thanks for the memories. I'll see everyone next year, in Miami.
Global Customer Management
Monday Oct 08, 2012
By cwarticki on Oct 08, 2012
E-Business Suite 11.5.10 Sustaining Support Exception & 12.1 Extended Support Now to Dec. 2018 [ID 1495337.1]
As part of Oracle’s continued commitment to our customers, we will be providing an exception for the first 13 months of Sustaining Support on Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11.5.10 (11i10), valid from December 1, 2013 – December 31, 2014. This exception support will be comprised of three components: (1) new fixes for Severity 1 production issues, (2) United States Form 1099 2013 year-end updates, and (3) payroll regulatory updates for the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia for fiscal years ending in 2014.
In addition, the Extended Support period for E-Business Suite Release 12.1 has been extended through December, 2018. Customers with an active Oracle Premier Support for Software contract will automatically be entitled to Extended Support deliverables for E-Business Suite 12.1.
Please refer to the Lifetime Support section of oracle.com for further information regarding Oracle's Lifetime Support Policy for Applications. This change will be reflected in the October update to the Software Technical Support Policies.
Tuesday Sep 25, 2012
By cwarticki on Sep 25, 2012
Did you know? There’s New AIA Product Information Center (PIC) pages? The PIC pages contains the links to documentation, new and most popular documents, alerts, FAQs, recommended patches and the certification matrix.
Check out the details here.
Tuesday Sep 11, 2012
Thursday Sep 06, 2012
By cwarticki on Sep 06, 2012
Wednesday Sep 05, 2012
By cwarticki on Sep 05, 2012
Blogging to let you know of an important set of Oracle Payables patches that were released for R12.1 customers.
Accounts Payable Customer Advisory:
Dear Valued Oracle Support Customer,
Since the release of R12.1.3 a number of recommended Payables patches have been made available as standalone patches, to help address important business process incidents. Adoption of these patches is highly recommended. To further facilitate adoption of these Payables patches Oracle has consolidated them into a single Recommended Patch Collection (RPC).
The RPC is a collection of recommended Payables patches created with the following goals in mind:
- Stability: Help address issues that are identified by Oracle Development and Oracle Software Support that may interfere with the normal completion of important business processes such as period close.
- Root Cause Fixes: Help make available root cause fix for data integrity that may delay period close, normal invoice flow and other business actions.
- Compact: Keep the file footprint as small as possible to help facilitate the install process and minimize testing.
- Granular: Collection of patches based on functional area that allows customer to apply, based on their individual needs and goals, all three RPC’s at once or in phases.
- Companion must have RPCs:
o Note: 1481221.1: R12.1: Payments Recommended Patch Collection (IBY RPC), August 2012
o Note: 1481235.1:G R12.1: E-Business Tax Recommended Patch Collection (ZX RPC), August 2012
o Note: 1481222.1: R12.1: Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA) Recommended Patch Collection (XLA RPC), August 2012
- This time we beat the system far harder on testing and it held up remarkably well. We could not get any data corruption events in the Invoice Cancel/Discard flow (that is the #1 generator) neither we could cause Orphan Events in the system. Therefore this is very good code.
- ALL FIN modules now have RPCs: full listing is in (Note: 954704.1)
Wednesday Jul 18, 2012
Thursday Jul 12, 2012
By cwarticki on Jul 12, 2012
I've found that Error Correction Policies are vital to understand regarding the subject of Product Lifecycle Management. Is there a central repository? Thanks in advance for your help.
The ECS policies that do exist are very valuable for our customers to understand Product Lifecycle Management. A good thing to remember is that the Lifetime Support Policy defines the "When" of product support. The ECS Policies define "How" those products are supported by Development. (LSP = When. ECS = How)
Basically, this means that Development doesn't keep each and every patchset codeline open and available for fixing. Customers must keep up to to date. A customer on 188.8.131.52 can't claim that they are supported because 11.2 is still in Premier Support. They must be on 184.108.40.206 or within what's known as the grace period.
Historically speaking the ECS Policy for Database has been around for over a decade. The ECS policy should be no surprise to DBA's nor Developers that have been using our products for a long time. EBS Development got on board just a couple of years ago with their own. Most other products, especially recent acquisitions, do not have them.
There is no repository of these policies. Some are footnoted in the Lifetime Support Policy, but there are only 2 major ones that I'm aware of in My Oracle Support
- Database, FMW, EM Grid Control, and OCS Software Error Correction Support Policy Note 209768.1
- Oracle E-Business Suite Error Correction Support Policy Note 1195034.1
There are some minor ones too.
- Error Correction Policy and Lifetime Support Policy FAQ for Oracle JRockit 5.0 and 6 - 1450360.1
- Error Correction Policy as it applies to Oracle WebLogic Portal (WLP) - 1308963.1
- OIM Lifetime Support and Error Correction Policy - 1372476.1
Others (there could be more)
- Siebel CRM Patching Policy 1313941.1
- Patch and Support Policies for Oracle Retail RPAS and RPAS-Based Applications 750841.1
- Oracle Retail Point Of Service (ORPOS) Product Suite Patch And Hotfix Release Policy 798177.1
There isn't one for Sun, that I'm aware of or found.
Wednesday Jul 11, 2012
By cwarticki on Jul 11, 2012
When MetaLink switched over to My Oracle Support......we'll, I won't go there. I'm still twitching from the aftermath and the all publicity my blog received. Remember, I'm FOR the customer.
My Oracle Support Outage Planned for Weekend of July 13, 2012 - check your MOS Dashboard - Site Alerts
Read the following communications and watch the video with Dennis Reno, VP, Customer Portal Experience.
- Dear Valued My Oracle Support User
- My Oracle Support Upgrade Begins July 13, 2012
- The New My Oracle Support User Interface [ID 1385682.1]
We encourage you to regularly access The New My Oracle Support User Interface Web Page (Article ID 1385682.1) for up-to-date transition information and to review the video series that takes you through My Oracle Support’s features and functionality using the new HTML interface.
If you have any questions or feedback, please log into My Oracle Support and use the “Contact Us” link located in the upper right hand corner. You can also provide feedback by taking this brief survey.
By cwarticki on Jul 11, 2012
The Fusion Application Support Team (FAST) launched three communities on the My Oracle Support Community. These communities provide another channel for customers to get the information about Fusion Applications that they need.
The three Fusion Applications communities are:
· Technical - FA community -- covers all the Fusion Applications technology stack and technical questions from users.
· Applications and Business Processes community -- covers all the functional questions and issues raised by users for all Fusion Applications except HCM.
· Fusion Applications HCM community -- covers the functional questions and issues raised by users for Fusion HCM product family.
Good for Our Customers
Customers participating in these communities can ask questions and get timely responses from Oracle Fusion Applications experts who monitor the communities. The customers can search the Fusion Applications Community contents for information and answers. They also can collaborate with other customers and benefit from the collective experience of the community -- especially from people like you.
All customers and partners are invited to join My Oracle Support Community for Fusion Applications.
We believe that participating in the Fusion Applications communities can be a win-win option for everyone. We invite you to become an active part of the thriving Fusion Applications communities and experience how this interesting and insightful dialog can benefit you.
How to Join the Community
Navigate to http://communities.oracle.com.
Click the Profile Tab to register yourself and edit your profile.
· You can subscribe to the Fusion Applications communities by editing your Community Subscriptions.
· You can get RSS feeds for each of your subscribed communities from the same section.
Tuesday Jul 10, 2012
By cwarticki on Jul 10, 2012
Oracle Platinum Services provides remote fault monitoring with faster response times and patch deployment services to qualified Oracle Premier Support customers – at no additional cost.
We know that disruptions in IT systems availability can seriously impact business performance. That’s why we engineer our hardware and software to work together. Oracle engineered systems are pre-integrated to reduce the cost and complexity of IT infrastructures while increasing productivity and performance.
And now, customers who choose the extreme performance of Oracle engineered systems have the power to access the added support they need – Oracle Platinum Services – to further optimize for high availability at no additional cost. In addition to receiving the complete support essentials with Oracle Premier Support, qualifying Oracle Platinum Services customers also receive:
• 24/7 Oracle remote fault monitoring
• Industry-leading response and restore times
o 5-Minute Fault Notification
o 15-Minute Restoration or Escalation to Development
o 30-Minute Joint Debugging with Development
• Update and patch deployment
Tuesday May 29, 2012
Thursday May 17, 2012
By cwarticki on May 17, 2012
We are happy to announce that Oracle E-Business Suite support will re-launch our patching community with new resources and a new name: E-Business Patching Community.
Starting May 16th 2012 - a direct channel to a newly dedicated team of E-Business Suite patching experts will provide you with a single destination to resolve your patch-related issues. For additional details please see Note 1453113.1.
When you have questions about Oracle E-Business Suite patches, we
understand that you need answers quickly.
To help meet that need, the Oracle E-Business Suite support team has launched a NEW My Oracle Support Community called, “E-Business Patching”. The E-Business Patching Community allows users to collaborate and share important information and best practices on E-Business Patch Application.
The E-Business Patching Community offers:
- Content that is uniquely indexed by Patch number- making it extremely easy to find
- Information sharing of known solutions that will help with faster resolution of patching incidents, without having to create a Service Request
- The ability to share information and solutions directly with other industry experts
- Starting May 16 2012 - a direct channel to a dedicated team of Oracle E-Business Suite patching experts A rich foundation of information since it is built upon the old Patch Review Community
We encourage you to access the “E-Business Patching Community” prior to applying an E-Business Suite patch. Doing so will allow you to explore perspectives shared by industry peers, get real-world experiences with the patch, and benefit from known solutions and lessons learned. Additionally, Oracle Support engineers monitor discussion topics to help provide guidance and solutions for your E-Business Suite patching needs.
This is a valuable opportunity to “Get Proactive” with the patching and maintenance of your E-Business Suite environment.Start now, and find fast, proactive resolutions before you begin
Thursday May 10, 2012
By cwarticki on May 10, 2012
...then you need to attend Location Intelligence 2012. Directions Magazine and Oracle are collaborating to offer consecutive events over two days in Washington, DC:
Location Intelligence Conference - May 22, 2012 - Directions Magazine's Location Intelligence Conference will offer a multi-track program exploring the latest industry trends
Oracle Spatial User Conference Agenda - May 23, 2012- Oracle Spatial User Conference will offer training, deep dives, case studies in BI, cloud, from government, utilities & more, special partner sessions.
Both events will include tracks of value to senior management, C-level directors, as well as developers.
Join our “Oracle Support for Spatial” Session. – Richard Pitts, one of Oracle’s Spatial experts will be presenting the best practices for Oracle Support for Spatial and will also be available to field your questions. Learn about the Oracle Support process, including the bug life cycle and Spatial patchsets, so you can understand how to obtain optimal resolutions to your issues. Richard will be presenting May 23rd, 2012: 9:45am - 11:45am Horizon Room "A
If you are unable to attend the event, but still want to know about what Oracle Support has to help you with Spatial. Visit My Oracle Support and check these out…
Spatial Tools for Oracle Database Included with Oracle Premier Support
Product Information Center
Installation and Deinstallation
For more information about Oracle’s Spatial Support Product and Solutions, visit our web site on Oracle.com
Monday Mar 12, 2012
By cwarticki on Mar 12, 2012
Patching and Maintenance Advisors include steps to create a viable patching and maintenance strategy including a complete project patch plan specific to your environment. If your environment is not listed below, help us to expand our services by adding a comment to this document or creating a thread on the Patching & Maintenance Advisor community.
- JD Edwards (JDE) EnterpriseOne Software Updates 9.0 [311.1]
- JD Edwards (JDE) EnterpriseOne Tools Release 8.98 [339.1]
- PeopleSoft (PSFT) Human Resources [300.1]
- PeopleSoft (PSFT) PeopleTools [303.1]
- PeopleSoft (PSFT) Financials [304.1]
- PeopleSoft (PSFT) Campus Solutions [309.1]
- PeopleSoft (PSFT) Supply Chain [330.1]
Friday Mar 09, 2012
By cwarticki on Mar 09, 2012
Blogging to let you know of an important set of Oracle Payables patches that were released in January for R12.1 customers.
Thursday Mar 08, 2012
By cwarticki on Mar 08, 2012
Have a look at the Hardware and Software Proactive Support presentations and best practices from OpenWorld 2011.
The OpenWorld Sessions Index [Doc ID 1360714.1] includes:
Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading Oracle Solaris
- Patching & Maintenance Advisor: Oracle Solaris [Doc ID 314.1]
- Sun Patches and Updates Information Center (Doc ID 1289614.1)
- How to create a Solaris Software SR [Doc ID 1344979.1]
- Oracle Services Tools Bundle with Oracle Explorer Data Collector [Doc ID 1153444.1]
- Oracle Shared Shell
- My Oracle Support Communities for Sun Technology
- Patch Corner - Solaris Patching news and best practice blog
- Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading Oracle Solaris session presentation
Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading JD Edwards [Doc ID 1360718.1]
Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading Oracle Database
- 411DBA - DB INDO: Database Conference Highlights & Information Center [Doc ID 411432.1] . 411DBA is your one stop for the Database Support Information presented at Oracle conferences
Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading Oracle Database session
Best Practices for Maintaining Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Exalogic [Doc ID 1360530.1]
Best Practices for Supporting Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine exachk or HealthCheck [Doc ID 1070954.1]
- Oracle Configuration Manager 2-minute demo video
- OCM Collection Overview [Doc ID 728985.1]
- How to Configure the OCM Collector for 11g Databases [Doc ID 1318007.1]
- OCM and My Oracle Support: FAQ and Troubleshooting [Doc ID 369619.1]
- My Oracle Support Community for Exadata
- Exadata Patching Best
- Database Machine and Exadata Storage Server 11g Release 2 (11.2) Supported Versions [Doc ID 888828.1]
- Exadata Patching Overview and Patch Testing Guidelines [Doc ID 1262380.1]
- Exadata Critical Issues [Doc ID 1270094.1]
- Exadata 220.127.116.11.5 release and patch (12849110) for Exadata 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124.x, 126.96.36.199.x, 188.8.131.52.[0-3] [Doc ID 1334254.1]
- Bug Fix List: 184.108.40.206 Patch Bundles for Oracle Exadata Database Machine [Doc ID 1316026.1]
- Bug Fix List: 220.127.116.11 Patch Bundles for Oracle Exadata Database Machine [Doc ID 1314319.1]
- Advisor Webcast Archived Recordings [Doc ID 740964.1]
- Advisor Webcast Current Schedule [Doc ID 740966.1]
- Best Practices for Supporting Oracle Exadata session presentation
Best Practices for Supporting Sun Server and Storage Systems
- Oracle Auto Service Request
- How to Use the Hardware Service Request Auto Diagnostic Feature [Doc ID 1339783.1]
- Sun Management and Diagnostic Tools [Doc ID 870962.5]
- Oracle Sun System Analysis [Doc ID 1194234.1]
- Oracle Services Tools Bundle (STB) - Explorer, SNEEP, LWACT, RDA [Doc ID 1153444.1]
- Advisor Webcasts: My Oracle Support â€“ Best Practices for Hardware Customers [Doc ID 1282218.1]
- Best Practices for Supporting Sun Server and Storage Systems session presentation
Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading Oracle E-Business Suite 12
- General EBS Information Document 411327.1 411EBS
- Oracle Support Lifecycle Advisors [Doc ID 250.1]
- Patching & Maintenance Advisor: E-Business Suite (EBS) 11i and R12 [Doc ID 313.1]
- Patch Wizard Utility [Doc ID 976188.1]
- Upgrade Advisor: E-Business Suite (EBS) Technology Stack Upgrade from 18.104.22.168 to 12.1.3 [Doc ID 269.1]
- Maintenance Wizard [Doc ID 434387.1]
- Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading Oracle E-Business Suite 12 session presentation
Best Practices Supporting Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Applications
- Master Note for OPatch [Doc ID 293369.1]
- Oracle Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management FAQ's [Doc ID 1089924.1]
- Best Practices Supporting Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Applications session presentation
Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading PeopleSoft Enterprise
- Task Based Advisors Informational Document [Doc ID 1351416.1]
- Oracle Upgrade Advisors [Doc ID 250.1]
- PeopleSoft Feature Packs FAQ [Doc ID 1272034.1]
- Transfer of Information [Doc ID 605155.1]
- Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading PeopleSoft Enterprise session presentation
Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading Siebel CRM
- Health Check Catalog [Doc ID 868955.1]
- Patching & Maintenance Advisor Siebel [Doc ID 308.1]
- Siebel Upgrade Advisor [Doc ID 259.1]
- Best Practices for Maintaining and Upgrading Siebel CRM session presentation
Best Practices for Maintaining Primavera EPPM Solutions
- Primavera Support Resource Center [Doc ID 888813.1]
- Best Practices for Maintaining Primavera EPPM Solutions session presentation
Best Practices for Maintaining and Troubleshooting Oracle Fusion Applications
- Fusion Applications - Product Information Center [Doc ID 100.1]
- Best Practices for Maintaining and Troubleshooting Oracle Fusion Applications session presentation
Get Proactive: Best Practices for System Uptime and Performance
- Oracle Proactive Support
- Get Started with Proactive Support (Video)
- Get Proactive: Best Practices for System Uptime and Performance session presentation
- Why use the Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) (Video)
- My Oracle Support Health Check Catalog [Doc ID 868955.1]
- Introduction to the new Health Recommendations features in My Oracle Support (Video)
- Oracle Sun System Analysis (O.com)
- Patch Recommendations & Patch Plans (Video)
- Upgrade Planner (Video)
Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) - go to Collector tab in My Oracle Support portal to access resources and training to learn more and get started using OCM.
Automated Diagnostics / Resolution
Â· ORA-600/ORA-7445 Error Look-up Tool [Doc ID 153788.1]
Â· Oracle Support Lifecycle Advisors [Doc ID 250.1]
- Introduction to the new Certify Search in My Oracle Support (Video)
My Oracle Support Community
Monday Feb 27, 2012
By cwarticki on Feb 27, 2012
From a recent customer email - SR was closed acknowledging it as a bug. When can I expect the bug to be fixed?
Even though the Service Request is closed, you can track the Bug Status within the Bug Summary content region in My Oracle Support.
- Add the Bug Summary region to your dashboard
- Click the pencil icon and then check the box for show my organizations bugs
- Then, back in that region, mark the bug a favorite
- Now, for push notification, if you go to
Settings Tab > Hot Topics Email, you can turn on several notifications, one of which is, Product Bugs marked as Favorites.
Development rarely gives ETA's on bug fixes unless it's a Sev1 production down. Even then, it's a matter of urgency and not ETA.
Is it a Sev1 bug? Or, is it an Enhancement Request (Sev4)?
Please work with your support engineer and make sure you have documented the impact this bug is having to your business. Make sure that is clearly stated in the SR and the Bug. Behind every technical problem, there is business problem. Does Support and Development understand your business problem?
Also, see the section entitled, What if the Service Request has a Bug Associated with it? that I've written.
Thursday Feb 23, 2012
By cwarticki on Feb 23, 2012
I have a close friend of mine that uses Primavera, a lot. He wasn't aware of the multitude of resources that are available for Primavera users. If you have any to recommend, please submit your comments.
- Primavera: Helper Classes and the Job Manager using the P6
Integration API - February 28, 2012
- Primavera P6 Enterprise - An Overview of Calendars, Durations
and Dates - March 22, 2012
- Administering Contract Management User Accounts: A Technical and Functional Perspective
- Enabling P6 R8.1 Publication Services and Enterprise Reporting
- Learn About the New Features Available in P6 P8.1
- Utilizing the Content Management Functionality within Contract
- Understanding Risk Percentiles in Primavera Risk Analysis
- Overview Of More Complex Security/Access in Oracle Primavera
- Linking Primavera P6 and Contract Management
- Using Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) to Assist in SR
- Introduction to P6 Web Services
- Methodologies vs. Template Projects
- Understanding the Probabilistic Cash Flow in Primavera
Risk Analysis, and How Resources, Costs, and Their Uncertainty
Can Affect the Results
- P6 System Administrator Tips and Tricks
- P6 Tips and Tricks
- Customizing the User Experience in Primavera Contract
- Using P6 Web Services with Event Notification
- Primavera Technical Forum
- Primavera Community in My Oracle Support (login required)
- Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Blog
- PGBU Partner
- EPPM Newsletter - Subscribe!
- Follow EPPM on Twitter for news and info
- Several Mix Groups on Primavera - join
- Primavera Podcasts
- Join the Primavera SIG
- Chris Warticki - Global Customer Management
#Oracle News, Info & Support
Wednesday Feb 22, 2012
By cwarticki on Feb 22, 2012
The Proactive Support Center at Oracle Support has created a new note on assisting customers leveraging all the proactive tools, resources and options that exist.
Let us help you solve problems without having to log an SR; streamline and simplify your daily operations; reduce risks and maximize up-time and lower your organizations costs through preventative maintenance. How? By Getting Proactive!
Gotta love those guys in the PSC!
Tuesday Feb 21, 2012
By cwarticki on Feb 21, 2012
I was recently requested to put together a list of SOA Resources for a customer. Sharing with all.
First of all - Start here on OTN - (Thanks Bob R)
Also recently announced is the SOA Information Center on MOS - (Thanks Sean Bailey)
- Product Knowledge & Training
- How to plan for a new installation of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
- 9 SOA specific modules FREE on OLN/OBE
- 531 FMW specific modules FREE on OLN/OBE
- 10607 solutions across SOA products
Are weekly emails containing those solutions, bugs and alerts being received?
- Have end-user dashboards been configured properly for push notification?
- 16 Middleware Communities available with shared documents, feedback and patch reviews
- Oracle SOA Suite - Team Blog
- A-Team - SOA Blog
- Oracle FMW - real world examples and experiences
- SOA & BPM Partner Community Blog
- ArchBeat - for Architects
- SOA Mix Groups
- OTN Architecture Forums
- Follow Oracle SOA on Twitter
- Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) 11g ID 305.1
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Patching Concepts and Tools
- Patching Oracle FMW 11g
- Using RDA with Oracle SOA Suite 11g
- Troubleshooting Oracle Weblogic Server Hangs
- Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) built-in SOA profile or FMW profiles for Data Collection
- Dozens of modules covering SOA & Middleware products
If you have any other useful resources, please submit in your comments below.
Wednesday Feb 08, 2012
By cwarticki on Feb 08, 2012
Security ER's. Enterprise Data Security Assessment. Scope of Support. Terminal dates. Here are a few of the questions that I've fielded over the last few weeks. Sharing with all. Enjoy.
Q: One of my customers said that that a security-related enhancement request can be filed by the customer online. Where this can be done?
A: Any product Enhancement Request has to be created within MOS by creating an SR. Same goes with Reporting Security Vulnerabilities. If you are not a customer and without access to MOS - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your discovery.
- I found a really cool Security Assessment here. It's free. Take it.
- Q: What's out of scope for Support to cover when working issues?
A: Fundamentally, Support is here to help. Support is not a replacement for Advanced Customer Services, Oracle Consulting nor Oracle University. Support won't install the product for you, teach you how to use the product, nor code customizations. As an aside, in my experience Sql Tuning is also very challenging to troubleshoot.
I also reference customer responsibility as stated in the Technical Support Policies: Your technical contacts are the sole liaisons between you and OSS for technical support of programs. Your technical contacts must have, at a minimum, initial basic product training and, as needed, supplemental training appropriate for specific role or implementation phase, specialized product usage, and/or migration. Your technical contacts must be knowledgeable about the Oracle programs and your Oracle environment...
- Q: When is the terminal release for product x being announced?
A: Development doesn't cough up the terminal release information until they are ready. Never have, never will.
Is it listed anywhere
Thursday Jan 12, 2012
By cwarticki on Jan 12, 2012
Hi Chris, I was trying to find the RSS feed link for your "#Oracle News, Info and Support"; I'd like to unsubscribe the email feed and switch to RSS.
Great question. RSS isn't a feature from the service itself, however I have found a solution for you. Go to; http://labs.receptional.com/rss/paper.li/ Put the following into the 3 fields
- cwarticki.li feed
- #Oracle News, Info and Support
Then you can remove yourself from receiving the email and then follow the RSS. This is a great way to reduce your email.
You can also follow me on Twitter and receive notification of the daily release of my newspaper.
Wednesday Jan 11, 2012
By cwarticki on Jan 11, 2012
Question: While my understanding is that customers can setup alerts, do you know if prior content includes patching information? My customer wants to know about the release dates of bundle patches in order for them to plan accordingly.
I get a lot of questions asked both internally and from our customers. I'm going to start posting the replies so that all will benefit.
Answer: First, Development rarely, if ever, posts release dates for patch sets
or bundle patches, even single patches for that matter. (unless it's a
Sev1) The Knowledge Base for any Product within My Oracle Support is the
collection of all support-created content (alerts, notes, bulletins,
Configuration of My Oracle Support dashboard (Knowledge Articles section) include items that are content related, either new or revised.
Therefore, if a patchset or major patch is released, then a support engineer would need to create an 'alert' or piece of content in order to be pushed to the Alerts/Knowledge Articles section of MOS. So, support doesn't create a note or alert for every patch that is created. That would be information overload. For patches, they mostly just create them for high-priority patches and patchsets.
Additionally, a customer can subscribe to push email notifications within the Settings > Hot Topics Email within MOS. Doing so, under the Product Monitoring section includes Bugs that Development is working or revised. Upon notification a customer then logs an SR with Support, requests to be attached to the bug, and tracks the status within the Bug Summary field in the Dashboard. Then they can mark those bugs as favorites, which is another notification option in the Hot Topics Email section
For more information on configuration the MOS Dashboard and Email Notifications, click this note
Dashboard Customization (7:18 mins)
My Oracle Support Site Alerts (3:10 mins)
Hot Topic E-Mail (3:28 mins)
Support Specialist, Presenter Extraordinaire, Toastmaster & self-proclaimed Support "spokesmodel".
Chris has been working for Oracle for over 15 years. Chris educates customers how to maximize their Support investment and leverage the support tools and available resources as part of Premier Support.
Chris works for Global Customer Management and speaks with customers on all topics regarding Oracle support services
- Oracle Support Advisor Webcasts - February
- EBS ATG - BI Mobile App Webcast
- EBS 12.2 Information Center
- Best OpenWold EVER!!! Photo-blog
- Oracle Support Best Practices - OpenWorld Session
- EBS: REDUCE Your Downtime Upgrading!
- Friends, Food, and Fun at the My Oracle Support Community Meet Up
- New OpenWorld Sessions: Business Transformation: Getting from Point A to Point B
- Behind the Screen with Oracle Support at OpenWorld
- Meet Brian Peasland - MOS Community Customer Guru