Support Doesn't Begin & End with MetaLink
By Cwarticki-Oracle on Aug 04, 2008
No matter where I go, in front of any audience or on the phone, I ask one primary question, "Other than MetaLink, where else do you go for support of your products?" 9 out of 10 times the answer is, Google. Unfortunately, Google has turned the world into a bunch of antisocial, dummies. If the answer isn't on the first page of the first ten hits, then it must not exist anywhere on the internet, Right? Wrong. Web 2.0 technologies are about connecting people with people instead of people to a portal.
Therefore, today's post is an enhanced version of a previous posting of resources I consolidated that will connect you with like-minded technical resources, using the same products that you do, accomplishing the same objectives that you are trying to accomplish. Leverage your investment in Oracle by leveraging your resources. The Best Support is NO Service Request!
- OTN Forums - Discussions on all products, features and technology
- Blogs.oracle.com - extensions from Oracle and customer subject matter experts
- Oracle Podcasts - <15 minute soundbites from Oracle Professionals (search 'Oracle' in iTunes)
- Events Webcasts Schedule and Archives - Free product features, benefits and strategy sessions
- Oracle By Example - Free Tutorial Training - Dozens of hands on product tutorials
- Newsletter Subscriptions - Get a steady digest of information on your role, product/technology or industry
- UserGroups - If you're not a member of IOUG, OAUG, ODTUG or Quest, you NEED to join immediately
- The Official Oracle Wiki - Contribute, share and upload
- AskTom - the DBA's DBA
- OracleMix - Connect with like-minded individuals just yourself
- OracleCommunity - Eddie Awad is a seasoned Oracle professional bringing technologists together.
- Semantic Web View - of OTN content
- Oracle Tweeters - twitter away! (thanks Matt Topper)
Public scheduled list of all available webconferences - http://www.oracle.com/support/seminars.html