Search Content Easier &Test Drive a New User Experience
By cwarticki on Jul 28, 2008
Submitted by Charles Freeman, Customer Support Manager
Search for Knowledge articles using the new Software Configuration Manager user interface. Get the answers you need from the Knowledge home page with enhanced search capability, along with easy-to-use regions and hierarchical menus that greatly simplify finding pertinent Metalink information quickly.
MetaLink is moving to a new user interface this year. You can test drive the new interface today and search the Knowledge Content by clicking on the Software Configuration Manager tab on MetaLink (https://csm.oracle.com/CSP/ui/index.html), Then, select the Knowledge tab. You are not required to provide configurations in order to take advantage of the interface, so today is a great time to experience the personalization and ease of use found in the new interface.
· The Knowledge tab within searches for news, notes, and articles relevant to the context specified by the user.
· You can find specific knowledge articles by using the search function or by using PowerViews.
· Search scans the entire Knowledge base and not just the content of the Knowledge region.
· You can use Recently Added topics as a way to find a category of documents and not have to search for it again.
· PowerViews allow the user to do global searches based up system or custom defined attributes. Providing focused results to find exactly what you are looking for.
· Once you have run a search, the intuitive display and drill-down functionality allows you to quickly view and assess the relevance of large numbers of articles.
· Once you choose an article to view, the list of articles is preserved helping you browse the other articles.
· From the Recent Activity region, you can rate articles and send your feedback to Oracle, improving the quality of Oracle articles and providing you with better recommendations in the future.
Try the Software Configuration Manager for a more comprehensive look at the wealth of Metalink information included in the Oracle Knowledge Base. It allows seamless access to all Metalink information by fully integrating the Knowledge tab.
The new user interface uses Adobe Flash 9. If you don't already have the Flash browser plug-in, you will be prompted to install it when you first visit the Software Configuration Manager tab.
For a quick peak, you can view the Recorded Demo of KM within Software Configuration Manager