Oracle Support RDA 4.10 - Production Release
By cwarticki on Dec 13, 2007
I've written about RDA before and I've presented it to customers hundreds of times. We're just not getting it. Therefore, it deserves a shove.
Just about all DBA's have used RDA. Why? Because Support has asked them to upload it. Customers don't realize that RDA was created for them. RDA is not a stall tactic to put the action plan into CUS status. RDA was created so that you may not even need to log the SR in the first place. The proactive use of RDA is untapped. The features are unknown and not used.
Top 10 non-used RDA features/functions:
- Open it, Read it, Review it.
- You can view the
RDA report files using almost any web browser by opening the <rda_directory><output_directory>/<report_group>__start.htm
- Everyone's so quick to throw the security flag these days, but they are uploading RDA's by the truckload without enabling this feature.
- For your benefit, we created an RDA SCM bundle to simplify your ability to automate
your configuration and diagnostics uploads to Oracle.
- diff Compares Systems
- em Runs the Enterprise Manager Tool
- hcve Executes HCVE Tests
- merge Merges Alert Log and Trace Files
- na Runs the Network Advisor
- ora600 Diagnoses ORA-600 Oracle Internal Errors
- alert Analyzes alert.log
- core Tests Stack Trace Extraction
- db Tests Local Database Access
- dst Daylight Saving Time Tool Box
- env Tests the Environment
- event Extracts Event Log Information
- inv Tests Oracle Home Inventory Content
- ocm Tests Configuration Manager Discovery Information
- odi Displays the Current Oracle Data Integrator Module Setup
- sql Tests SQL Settings
- ssd Analyzes System State Dumps
- ssh Tests Remote Connectivity and Operations
- vms Verifies Current User Environment on VMS
- List the modules you want it to collect instead of answering Yes/No so many times
- rda -v (OS STC SSO WKSP)=example of collecting 4 modules
- rda -v XTRA