Wednesday Sep 05, 2012
By cwarticki on Sep 05, 2012
Blogging to let you know of an important set of Oracle Payables patches that were released for R12.1 customers.
Accounts Payable Customer Advisory:
Dear Valued Oracle Support Customer,
Since the release of R12.1.3 a number of recommended Payables patches have been made available as standalone patches, to help address important business process incidents. Adoption of these patches is highly recommended. To further facilitate adoption of these Payables patches Oracle has consolidated them into a single Recommended Patch Collection (RPC).
The RPC is a collection of recommended Payables patches created with the following goals in mind:
- Stability: Help address issues that are identified by Oracle Development and Oracle Software Support that may interfere with the normal completion of important business processes such as period close.
- Root Cause Fixes: Help make available root cause fix for data integrity that may delay period close, normal invoice flow and other business actions.
- Compact: Keep the file footprint as small as possible to help facilitate the install process and minimize testing.
- Granular: Collection of patches based on functional area that allows customer to apply, based on their individual needs and goals, all three RPC’s at once or in phases.
- Companion must have RPCs:
o Note: 1481221.1: R12.1: Payments Recommended Patch Collection (IBY RPC), August 2012
o Note: 1481235.1:G R12.1: E-Business Tax Recommended Patch Collection (ZX RPC), August 2012
o Note: 1481222.1: R12.1: Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA) Recommended Patch Collection (XLA RPC), August 2012
- This time we beat the system far harder on testing and it held up remarkably well. We could not get any data corruption events in the Invoice Cancel/Discard flow (that is the #1 generator) neither we could cause Orphan Events in the system. Therefore this is very good code.
- ALL FIN modules now have RPCs: full listing is in (Note: 954704.1)
Support Specialist, Presenter Extraordinaire, Toastmaster & self-proclaimed Support "spokesmodel".
Chris has been working for Oracle for over 15 years. Chris educates customers how to maximize their Support investment and leverage the support tools and available resources as part of Premier Support.
Chris works for Global Customer Management and speaks with customers on all topics regarding Oracle support services
- Oracle Support Advisor Webcasts - February
- EBS ATG - BI Mobile App Webcast
- EBS 12.2 Information Center
- Best OpenWold EVER!!! Photo-blog
- Oracle Support Best Practices - OpenWorld Session
- EBS: REDUCE Your Downtime Upgrading!
- Friends, Food, and Fun at the My Oracle Support Community Meet Up
- New OpenWorld Sessions: Business Transformation: Getting from Point A to Point B
- Behind the Screen with Oracle Support at OpenWorld
- Meet Brian Peasland - MOS Community Customer Guru