Wednesday Sep 05, 2012
By Cwarticki-Oracle on Sep 05, 2012
Blogging to let you know of an important set of Oracle Payables patches that were released for R12.1 customers.
Accounts Payable Customer Advisory:
Dear Valued Oracle Support Customer,
Since the release of R12.1.3 a number of recommended Payables patches have been made available as standalone patches, to help address important business process incidents. Adoption of these patches is highly recommended. To further facilitate adoption of these Payables patches Oracle has consolidated them into a single Recommended Patch Collection (RPC).
The RPC is a collection of recommended Payables patches created with the following goals in mind:
- Stability: Help address issues that are identified by Oracle Development and Oracle Software Support that may interfere with the normal completion of important business processes such as period close.
- Root Cause Fixes: Help make available root cause fix for data integrity that may delay period close, normal invoice flow and other business actions.
- Compact: Keep the file footprint as small as possible to help facilitate the install process and minimize testing.
- Granular: Collection of patches based on functional area that allows customer to apply, based on their individual needs and goals, all three RPC’s at once or in phases.
- Companion must have RPCs:
o Note: 1481221.1: R12.1: Payments Recommended Patch Collection (IBY RPC), August 2012
o Note: 1481235.1:G R12.1: E-Business Tax Recommended Patch Collection (ZX RPC), August 2012
o Note: 1481222.1: R12.1: Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA) Recommended Patch Collection (XLA RPC), August 2012
- This time we beat the system far harder on testing and it held up remarkably well. We could not get any data corruption events in the Invoice Cancel/Discard flow (that is the #1 generator) neither we could cause Orphan Events in the system. Therefore this is very good code.
- ALL FIN modules now have RPCs: full listing is in (Note: 954704.1)
Support Specialist, (HPI)Corporate Athlete, Presenter Extraordinaire, Toastmaster & self-proclaimed Support "spokesmodel".
Chris has been working for Oracle for over 16 years. Chris educates customers how to maximize their Support investment and leverage the support tools and available resources as part of Premier Support.
Chris works for Global Customer Management and speaks with customers on all topics regarding Oracle support services
- UK Partner Event – Value of Support Investment, Best Practices & Resources
- Health Sciences Partner Support Best Practices & Resources
- Oracle Product Support Advisor Webcasts June 2015
- Oracle Product Support Advisor Webcasts - May
- The investment is all about the PRODUCT, the PRODUCT, the PRODUCT.
- Request Support Management Attention (SR Attention)
- My Oracle Support Essentials Webcasts - March
- My Oracle Support Essentials Webcasts - February
- My Oracle Support Essentials Webcasts
- Oracle Support Advisor Webcasts Series for December