By Gerry Haskins-Oracle on Feb 09, 2016
New Features in ORAchk 184.108.40.206.6
Significant performance improvements have been implemented in ORAchk's discovery, execution, and report generation.
Testing shows this release of ORAchk runs up to 45% faster than the previous release.
Quickly see the issues that require attention
The report format has been enhanced:
- All related checks are listed in the same section. For example, all Database Server checks (passed or failed) are now shown together under the Database Server section.
- There are new check boxes at the top of the report to allow you to focus on what you need to fix.
- Check status is color coded for quick visual reference.
- Each check now expands in place when you click on the "View" link allowing you to easily see the recommendations and details in-line without the need to jump around to different areas of the report.
- E-Business Suite checks are now grouped by the module they apply to and the E-Business Suite version number is shown in the report summary as well as at the top of the E-Business Suite section.
Security of ORAchk files and directories has been enhanced and Collection Manager Database connections are now stored in an encrypted wallet.
Health Check Catalog
ORAchk now has a searchable Health Check Catalog, which lets you quickly view and filter available checks by Product, Level, Release Authored, and Platform.
The Health Check Catalog is available via the "Health Check Catalog" tab of Document 1268927.2 and also bundled within the ORAchk distribution.
Health Verification for Oracle Solaris Clusters
Initial support has been implemented in this release for some Oracle Solaris Cluster Checks, which verify best practice for configuration and runtime Oracle Solaris Cluster details.
Save time configuring and accessing ORAchk reports
- Orachk allows you to verify Collection Manager database configuration before ORAchk automated execution, ensuring results can be stored correctly the first time.
- You can receive an email html report when running ORAchk in adhoc mode, meaning you no longer need the extra step of transferring the report to your local machine for viewing.
- Verify email configuration by using ORAchk to send a test email ensuring the ORAchk report will be received correctly the first time.
- Quickly subscribe or unsubscribe to email notifications of automated collection results, comparisons and ORAchk Collection Manager tablespace free space warnings.
Support to integrate with Kibana, Elastic Search & Others
ORAchk output is now also available in JSON format, allowing it to be consumed by many different log monitoring and analytics tools.
For more details and to download the latest release of ORAchk see Document 1268927.2