ORAchk Health Checks for the Oracle Stack (including Solaris)
By Gerry Haskins-Oracle on Mar 10, 2014
My colleagues, Susan Miller and Erwann Chénedé, have been working with the nice people behind the ORAchk tool (formerly RACcheck) to add Solaris health checks to the tool.
ORAchk 2.2.4, containing the initial 8 Solaris health checks, is now available:
ORAchk includes EXAchks functionality and replaces the popular RACcheck tool, extending the coverage based on prioritization of top issues reported by users, to proactively scan for known problems within:
- E-Business Suite Financials Accounts Payables
- Oracle Database
- Sun Systems
- Proactively scans for the most impactful known problems across your entire system as well as various layers of your stack
- Simplifies and streamlines how to investigate and analyze which known issues present a risk to you
- Lightweight tool runs within your environment; no data will be sent to Oracle
- High level reports show your system health risks with the ability to drill down into specific problems and understand their resolutions
- Can be configured to send email notifications when it detects problems
- Collection Manager, a companion Application Express web app, provides a single dashboard view of collections across your entire enterprise
ORAchk will expand in the future with more high impact checks in existing and additional product areas. If you have particular checks or product areas you would like to see covered, please post suggestions in the ORAchk community thread accessed from the support tab on the below document.
For more details about ORAchk see Document 1268927.1