Application Express 5.0 Early Adopter 1
By Santhosh Kumar T-Oracle on Mar 07, 2014
Application Express 5.0 EA1 released last month. I am little late to try it but it is really interesting to see the page designer with drag and drop functionality. I have just create an application to see how it works. Really good.
Try Apex 5.0 EA1 : http://apexea.oracle.com
Major Enhancements include :
- A new "Page Designer": a completely new IDE designed to
greatly improve developer's productivity, allowing you to very quickly
enhance and maintain pages within Application Express.
- Modal Dialogs: Now you can easily define modal (and non-modal) pages complete with the ability to utilize standard page processes.
- Navigation Lists: The Application Builder has used navigation lists for years.. and now you can, too!
- Interactive Report Enhancements: In Early Adopter 1, end users can now define a pivot report at runtime, which is similar to defining a group report.
- All New Calendar: The new calendar component comes with built in support for Month, Week, Day, and Agenda views and is much easier to customize.
- Shared Components File Upload: Files uploaded into shared components can be cached by your browser and are now referenced using relative file urls.
- Reimagined User Interface: A competely reimagined user interface for Application Express which is focused on simplicity and removing clutter.