SOA Suite 11gR1 Patch Set 2 (PS2) released today!
By Demed L'Her on Apr 27, 2010
We just released SOA Suite 11gR1 Patch Set 2 (PS2)!
You can download it as usual from:
11gR1 PS2 is delivered as a sparse installer, that is to say that it is meant to be applied on the latest full install (11gR1 PS1). That’s great for existing PS1 users who simply need to apply the patch and run the patch assistant – but an extra step for new users who will first need to download SOA Suite 11gR1 PS1 (in addition to the PS2 patch).
What’s in that release? Bug fixes of course but also several significant new features. Here is a short selection of the most significant ones:
- Spring component (for native Java extensibility and integration)
- SOA Partitions (to organize and manage your composites)
- Direct Binding (for transactional invocations to and from Oracle Service Bus)
- HTTP binding (for those of you trying to do away with SOAP and looking for simple GET and POST)
- Resequencer (for ordering out-of-order messages)
- WS Atomic Transactions (WS-AT) support (for propagation of transactions across heterogeneous environments)
Check out the complete list of new features in PS2 for more (including links to the documentation for the above)!
(NB: it might take a while for all pages and caches to be updated with the new content so if you don’t find what you need today, try again soon!)