Reliving Oracle Open World 2014
By Mala Ramakrishnan on Oct 07, 2014
The most exciting Oracle Open World conference to date, has me revelling in being a part of a ginormous, efficient, and intelligent Oracle army that is breaking shackles and helping organizations move onwards to the next frontier of innovation. An unbridled Larry Ellison in his new role as CTO showed hands-on demos to move on-prem to the cloud. Roadmap sessions revealed far more than powerpoint decks with exciting live demos of new technology with Integration Cloud Service, Mobile Cloud Service, API Management, and business driven event management for Fast Data. Outstanding customer and partner presentations, had a packed audience of more than 60,000 people sitting on the edge of their seats, grasping the immensity and reality of cloud, mobile, and the internet of things.
Oracle seems committed to the Cloud more than ever and it seems a matter of when rather than if a customer will move to the cloud. And across the board the repeat message that resonated was that moving to the cloud was going to be possible with a few pushes of a button rather than hiring experts and rewriting code. Some highlights of the Service Integration sessions at Oracle Open World 2014:
- 72 total sessions for Oracle SOA Suite, including both Oracle-led, and external submissions across Cloud, Mobile, Fast Data, Internet of Things, and B2B.
- Unprecedented number of customers and partners speaking in our sessions: including Canon Imaging Systems, Ricoh Americas, Larsen and Toubro, Engineers Australia, Bristlecone, Ascension Health, Farmers Insurance, JDSU, Keste, Agilent, KPMG, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, LA County Department of Health, and many more.
- 10 live product demos; 7 hands-on labs, including Cloud, Fast Data, Managed File Transfer and several more.
- Cloud and Mobile had spotlight this year with extensive coverage over all other solution areas including Managed File Transfer, B2B, Fast Data, and Internet of Things.
Here are some previous posts that summarize the sessions that were covered on Oracle SOA Suite this year:
- Rethink Your IT at Oracle Open World 2014 - Focus On SOA
- Taking Enterprise File Exchange to the Next Level with Oracle Managed File Transfer
- Simplify Mobile Integration at Oracle Open World 2014
- Big News: Oracle iPaaS Cloud Integration OpenWorld Sessions
- What's New with Fast Data at Oracle Open World 2014
- Accelerate Healthcare Integration with Oracle Open World 2014
- Service Integration Strategy Session - Cloud, API Management, and More
- Expert Insights into Faster Oracle SOA Suite Project Delivery
- Oracle Cloud Adapters Expert Panel
Overall Oracle Open World 2014 was a mindblowing event with outstanding teamwork and exceptional delivery on every front from the customer, partner and employee base of the organization. I am personally very grateful to have been part of this amazing show. You can watch the Oracle SOA Focus On for uploads of speaker decks. And continue to learn more about Oracle SOA Suite here: oracle.com/soa