By Mala Ramakrishnan on Jan 13, 2014
Cloud and mobile are breakthrough technologies which are helping companies innovate and differentiate. Gone are the traditional ways of managing, customizing, and extending business applications. With the change in technology trends, IT is viewed more as a strategic partner, and organizations are looking to focus more on a "customer-first" strategy than ever before. However, companies are still dealing with age old problems of getting IT and business to work together, making the IT infrastructure less rigid, and struggling to better align priorities across the enterprise. While cloud and mobile take-over solving traditional problems, customers aren't getting the right insight across their cloud, mobile and on-premise apps and 50% of these initiatives get abandoned due to the complexity of integration and fear of security compromises.
To understand how to bridge solving some of these traditional problems with an effective modernization of your business solution, you can start with the keynote address at the upcoming Oracle Cloud World. Here are five axioms that will be explored to lead business modernization all the way from start to success:
- Simplifying integration between on-premise and Cloud
- Connect and collaborate: Making your business applications more social
- Improve time to insight: Enable rapid business intelligence without IT overhead
- Extend for Mobile: Enable mobility with rich user experience
- Cloud Security: Reduce risk and meet cloud security service level agreements