News From Sun Campus Ambassadors Worldwide
By GD on Sep 30, 2008
Sun's Campus Ambassador program has been mentioned in some recent publications. Sylvain Duloutre points to a recent publication by ambassador Julien Canquelain of Institut Nationale des Sciences Appliquées (INSA) in Lyon, France, in the July edition of INSA's magazine. Sun's OpenSolaris evangelist Jim Grisanzio encountered many students, including some campus ambassadors, at both Beijing Jiaotong University and Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications in China.
Among the award winners for Sun's 2008 Open Source Community Innovation Awards are campus ambassadors Shampavman Chengeri and Ricardo Ayres Severo for OpenSolaris. A podcast is available on the awards page, under the heading "Campus Ambassadors & Academic Winners."
Campus ambassadors' reports about the events they hosted to celebrate the spirit of open source at Software Freedom Day (SFD) are still coming in. Here are a few in English:
- Shan Wang, GuangDong University of Foreign Studies, China
- Vitorio Faria Correa Sassi, Porto Alegre, Brazil; more SFD events here
- Souvik Dasgupta, Panjab University, India; additional photos here
- Avinash Joshi, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Qi Cao, Wuhan University, China
- Aakriti Agarwal, NTU
- Sushant Kumar, SMVD University
- Shashank Shekhar
- Rohendra Singh
- Mohammed Sanaulla, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, India
- K.S. Chan, City University of Hong Kong
- Weipeng Zhong, Shantou University
- Ezequiel Singer, Argentina
Many more SFD reports are available in Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, and other languages. Keep up with Sun's campus ambassadors by reading their blog postings.