By Nicholas Solter on Feb 15, 2008
There have been some exciting developments in the Open HA Cluster open-source community over the past couple months. Specifically:
- An HA-PostgreSQL umbrella project has been created, with an active subproject to support WAL Shipping.
- The HA Clusters community has agreed to co-sponsor a Test Development project. Other sponsoring community groups are OS/NET, Storage, and Testing.
- The HA-Informix agent being developed in the Cluster Agent: Informix Dynamic Server Project has been completed and is available for download from the project page.
- The HA Clusters community group now has four sponsored projects, with some more on the way.
- A third-party agent repository has been created to collect cluster agents developed by third parties.
- The #OHAC IRC channel has been created for 24-hour Open HA Cluster discussions.
- We've made available some technical presentations for building agents as well as open-sourced the GDS template under the CDDL.
- We have seven non-Sun participants working on bug fixes.
- And last, but not least, the HA Clusters community group now has a "fun" page, hosting the "Open HA Cluster acrostic puzzle."
Nicholas Solter, Sun Cluster Developer and OpenSolaris HA Clusters Core Contributor