Tuesday Aug 18, 2009
Tuesday Apr 21, 2009
By mkb on Apr 21, 2009
If by any chance you are at the MySQL user conference in Santa Clara conference center, there are some great possibilities to see MySQL and Solaris Cluster in action. We have a demo at the exhibition hall, where you can see MySQL with zone cluster and MySQL with SC Geographic Edition.
I will host a birds of a feather at Wednesday 4/22/09 evening in meeting room 205 at 7 pm. The Title is "Configuring MySQL in Open HA Cluster, an Easy Exercise" check out the details here. I will give a presentation at Thursday 4/23/09 morning 10:50 in Ballroom G, the title is "Solutions for High Availability and Disaster Recovery with MySQL". Check out the details here.
I hope to see you there in person.
Availability Products Group
Wednesday Feb 04, 2009
By mkb on Feb 04, 2009
One year after Sun acquired MySQL we see the positive results of this acquisition. Things are going very well in terms of collaboration, the teams are getting closer together and share the experience and the knowledge. If you want to know how the teamwork is seen from the Sun Cluster engineers, Thorsten Frueauf and myself, you should read this.
It was interesting for us to see that this interview was well observed by MySQL customers and community members. Although the interviews were not technical, they lead to technical questions. You can get more information here.
So if you are keen to see what the MySQL community wants to know about Sun Cluster, read the blog entry about MySQL and Sun Cluster.
Solaris Cluster Engineering
Oracle Solaris Cluster Engineering Blog
- Oracle Solaris Cluster Manager: Configuring HA for Oracle Solaris Zones
- Oracle Solaris Cluster Manager: Setting Up Geo Disaster Recovery Orchestration
- New choices for Oracle Solaris Cluster Public Networking: Link Aggregation (Trunk & DLMP) and VNIC
- Configuring a Data Service for Oracle VM Server for SPARC by Using a Graphical Wizard
- Introducing the New Cluster Configuration Wizard
- Oracle Solaris Cluster Manager: Getting Started
- Announcing Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.3
- Oracle Solaris Cluster at Oracle OpenWorld 2015
- New white paper available: Providing High Availability to the OpenStack Cloud Controller on Oracle Solaris with Oracle Solaris Cluster
- Managing a remote Oracle Database instance with "Geographic Edition"